Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PostPlanB
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please would somebody tell me how to kill Santa...

I've just installed the Go Launcher on my phone and I love it. But... periodically I get Santa Claus and his reindeer chugging across my screen carrying a banner wishing me a "Merry Christmas".

It's driving me insane! If anyone can tell me how to get rid of this nonsense I'd be very, very grateful.

Bah humbug.
    Lori2448 likes this.

Default Re: Please would somebody tell me how to kill Santa...

I doubt it's the launcher. Probably some other app or a live wallpaper you're using or something
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It came on when I installed the launcher - I've tried installing other wallpapers but it won't die. Is there some screen feature that comes bundled with Go Launcher that I need to get rid of? It's driving me up the wall. Seriously though!

I would look at your task manager and see what's running. Like I said, I doubt it's the launcher. Launchers with tens (hundreds?) of thousands of users aren't usually in the business of annoying their customer base. It really doesn't sound like a launcher issue to me, especially if no other reviews are mentioning it, and Go Launcher is popular enough that people would be complaining if that was the case.

Talking Re: Please would somebody tell me how to kill Santa...

it was getting annoying indeed , just found it here

Preferences > christmas effect .. "off"

ROM
    Harmonia 2.07

Yes! Thank you. That's been driving me nuts for a week. I suspected it was GoLauncher but it was nothing more than a hunch. I'm glad someone was able to track that down. They did the same thing around Halloween. It's a nice thought, some of us don't like unfamiliar stuff floating across our screens, no matter what the intentions. Great sleuthing, Mujeeb Khan.

You, sir, are a king amongst men. I have been trying to figure out how to turn of that %^%ing thing for days.

THANK YOU! I searched every where for that stupid thing. It was cute yesterday, but not today!

Thank you Mujeeb Khan. You just saved my mental health

OMG THANK YOU! Wish I'd googled this sooner! Why the heck didn't they kill it themselves after Christmas?

Well , you may notice Go Apps , very cleverly bring in an "update" before holidays and then they stay til the next Update.. so always good to read whats the "New" in the update of the App and lately the Go 4 Android apps are getting clustered with ads

Thank you thank you thank you...i have been trying for weeks now to get that off my screen. It was driving me insane.i really appreciate it and again i say thank you thank you thank you

sorry can somebody pls explain exactly how to turn it off? sorry

thank you so Much really appreciate!!

The "GO" people have the most annoying marketing of any dev on the android platform.

Mueeb, THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!! that santa thing as been the MOSt annoying thing i have ever come across on the S.....
    Top Bloke!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mujeeb Khan View Post
    Well , you may notice Go Apps , very cleverly bring in an "update" before holidays and then they stay til the next Update.. so always good to read whats the "New" in the update of the App and lately the Go 4 Android apps are getting clustered with ads