Phone Insurance: Do you need it?

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I've been performing Google searches titled; Phone Insurance. These are a few articles I've come up with that seem to explore all possibilities. Hope it helps you decide what to do!

Do I really need insurance for my smartphone? | Mobile - CNET News

Cell Phone Insurance - Will Cell Phone Insurance Save You Money?

5 Cheap Alternatives to Cell Phone Insurance | Money Talks News

Is Cell Phone Insurance Worth It?

What got me started was my, on order, Google Nexus 4-16 GB phone, from what these articles say, not in particular this phone but the price. If you mess it up. A new replacement is $350, not $600-$800 like similar quality smart phones.

Well folks, there it is, dig in, do your research and you'll do more than feel better, you'll know better. make the right decision!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If the ability to drop $600 on a new phone if something happens to your phone during the contract perios is not an issue for you, then no, you don't need insurance. If coming up with $600 on the fly could be an issue then I would suggest having the Carrier's insurance for at lest the term of your contract. Once your contrct is up then you can always get a new phone at reduced pricing so carrying the insurance is no longer necessary.

I can tell you from experience, I never used to have insurance until I broke a phone 1 year into my contract and had to pay $300+ for a crappy LG flip phone that VZW normally gave away on contract. Now I carry insurance for at least the term of my contract.

At the end of the day, Insurance for your phone is like any other insurance. If you don't use it, you might feel gypped. However, the day you need it, that $100 deductible can look like a real blessing.

SellnCLT85

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Like PvilleComp said, if there comes a day will you be prepared. If you have any type of car or auto insurance ask your agent if they have any coverage on mobile devices. That's how I have my device set up.

From the "OG" HTC 4gLTE