My PC won't recognize my new AT&T Galaxy Note 2, but recognizes my wife's Verizon Galaxy Note 2??

superjokka

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
My PC won't recognize my new AT&T Galaxy Note 2, but recognizes my wife's Verizon Galaxy Note 2??

After 5 years on an iPhone, I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 yesterday from AT&T...my wife got one from Verizon. After taking some photos and videos, I connected my phone to my PC to extract the photos. My PC, which is fairly new and running on Windows 8, wouldn't recognize any device having been plugged in....I chose both the Media Device option and the Camera PTP option on the phone, but to no avail. But when I plug in my wife's Galaxy Note 2, our PC instantly recognizes it as a Digital Camera and gives you the option of downloading the photos. I looked at my device's hardware specs under About Phone in Settings, and it does look like a different build or configuration than the specs on my wife's phone...does her Verizon one have some type of software or driver built in that the AT&T lacks? The same thing happens when I plug the phones into my old laptop running on Windows XP....it automatically recognizes the Verizon device and downloads the appropriate driver and is soon able to download the photos. But it simply won't recognize my AT&T unit.

I called AT&T and they told me that I needed to download the Samsung Kies program, which I did. But it is a terribly slow and glitchy program. With it, I am able to access my photos and videos to download, but it has problems too, such as freezing for no apparent reason, or not being able to recognize all the photos and videos...for example, if I have 10 photos on my camera roll, it will only recognize 7 of them or something like that....very strange. And it's a hassle having to always go through the Kies program....my wife's Verizon unit doesn't require this, and allows me to download right away, just by plugging into the PC via USB. The AT&T guys had no answers other than to use Samsung Kies. Makes me wish I were on Verizon.

Has anyone heard of a problem like this? I'm confused because they are the exact same phones...do I possibly have a defective unit that I should ask for another one....or are the Verizon units simply configured differently from the AT&T ones, and if so, is there some way I can tweak or modify my AT&T unit so that my PC will recognize it without having to go through Samsung Kies?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance