Plagued by barrage of FC's on startup

gkitf16

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'v e got a rooted Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G, which completely soiled itself out of nowhere 2 days ago, right as I was going on a big vacation. Perfect timing. It very nearly met its demise against at high velocity against a solid object.:mad::mad::mad: I spent the next day trying to get a usable device with little luck.

I got into CWM recovery and tried wiping cache, Dalvik........nothing. Finally I gave up and wiped everything, data and all, losing everything, all my apps, contacts. I re-installed the Peach Sunrise ROM from the micro SD. This had been working just fine for months before this disaster hit me with zero warning. I was able to recover my contacts, but ONLY because I use Gmail, and was able to sync my account. I slowly began to download what apps I could remember from memory alone thru the Google Market. I thought I was going to get out of this alive, and that maybe it had just been a random f'd up situation which caused all of this. I was wrong.

Unfortunately today the monster returned. I have tried clicking away the Force Close warnings, but the phone is literally unable to start into the desktop because it is killing every single app/service as soon as it starts. The Touch the Android screen is where it begins. I try to fill out the info boxes between FC's, but when it tries to communicate, there is no data link since this has been FC'd.

Anybody got any ideas before I end it all with a hammer?!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
two things. i would try to fix permissions first. Then If that doesnt work, narrow the problem down. Install an APK and just let you phone go for awhile and see if you get a FC, then repeat.

It sounds to me like an app incomaptibility is causing you issues. If all else fails, you can flash back to stock or a different ROM to see if you get the same issue.

PROTIP: You can go to my apps on the Play store to see all your apps. That way you do not have to try to remember them all off the top of your head.