1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Storage Problem

I have the HTC Rezound. Every time I connect it to my computer (Windows 7), my ringtones are reset.

I ALREADY KNOW that it's because when the phone storage is mounted by the computer, any files mounted are no longer accessible by the phone, so they are set to ringtones located in the unmounted part of the phone storage.

My problem is that there is nowhere I can put my ringtone files that is not mounted by the computer.

1. The entire SD card is mounted by the computer upon connection.

2. A portion of the phone storage is mounted to the computer upon connection.

3. The un-mounted portion of the phone storage is not writable unless I root it. I don't want to root it.

4. The internal storage is not writable unless I root it. I don't want to root it (Even if I wanted to root it, the phone's internal storage wouldn't be large enough to hold all my ringtones).

All I want is for the phone storage to NOT be mounted upon connecting my phone, but I still want the SD storage to be mounted. I've looked everywhere and can't find a way to do this. Any suggestions?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Storage Problem

I understand your problem, but what is it that you are trying to accomplish? Is there a reason you need the storage to not mount? Might be an alternative out there if we knew the endgame. I honestly do not know how to have one storage area mount and another not.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Storage Problem

It's all in the original post. I need a place to store my ringtones so they are not mounted because when they are mounted, they aren't accessible by the phone, so the ringtones are set to something else.