Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't receive iPhone group texts

I've done a ton of searching and still haven't been able to find a solution that works for me. I am on Virgin Mobile and have an Optimus V. Most of my friends have iPhones and when they send a group text message it shows up as a blank message for me. I downloaded Go SMS Pro and it still doesn't work in there. I don't want any app that would give me a new number. Please help! I'm going crazy! BTW, I receive group texts from those of my friends that have Windows phones just fine.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Can't receive iPhone group texts

That's because your friends are behind a closed-walled-garden and using imessage which is only for those within the closed community.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

But Windows phones get iphone group messages just fine. Is there really NO way to get around the issue?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Bump
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Bumpity Bump Bump Bump

Come on. No one has figured out a work around for this? Am I the only one with a group of friends who sends them group texts from iphones?!

Default Can't receive iPhone group texts

If iMessage senses that any recipient is non-iOS all messages are converted to standard SMS. This does not solve your problem, however. When I had my iPhone, and my wife and daughter still do, it works fine.

Here is a question for you though, do you have any iOS devices? If so, did you assign your cell phone number to the caller ID of any of those devices? If you did, you could be confusing the messaging system, in which case the message would not reach you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Nope. No iOS devices that my number wouldn't been assigned to. I even signed into Apple to make sure and there's nothing there. I've had this probelm for over a year now and can't believe I'm the only one having it. It's happened with two different phones, so it shouldn't be the phones problem. Grrr.

I'm having the same problem with an Optimus V on Verizon. I've had the problem on several different roms (gb and ics). I've only had this number on this android phone.