Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 voice announces my calls and texts.

Thanks for the tip, Was driving me crazy

Thanks the info was helpful..that voice was creepin me out

Ok i followed this exactly (although it is ACCESSIBILITY, not ASSESSABILITY) and I do NOT have a DRIVING MODE option showing (yes, I am sure this is a Galaxy Nexus)
    So, where does that leave me? I am going crazy with the reading whoever is calling me out loud - sometimes these calls are confidential and I find it patently ridiculous that this would be put on my phone with out my asking for it or clicking something (I am not clicker crazy, and I do not change my settings) I have had the phone for several months and nothing, now this feature pops up unwanted. PLEASE if there is any other help, let me know - thank you soooooo much!!!

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Bobby.. you da man!! I looked endlessly within accessibility, driving mode, etc., etc. nothing worked. Even went through other apps like Mr. Number, Current Caller ID and Contacts+... nothing... the culprit was freakin' Robin... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyb007 View Post
    These phones (I have the Galaxy Note 2) are so sophisticated these days there are likely several ways in which this setting could have been turned on. In my case and my wife's case, we recently updated the Siri-like app called 'Robin' and for whatever reason both phones began anouncing phone calls and texts. I opened 'Robin' and immediately she started talking, informing me that I would now be having all my calls and texts announced and added if I did not want that to happen I could change it in settings; so I went into Robon's settings and unchecked 'Voice caller ID' and just for good meaure 'Always-on SMS Alerts' though the latter may not have been necessary. Driving mode was off, and several of the other suggestions by those who responded in this forum were also off, so I guess the real answer to how this option got turned on is, "It depends". I believe the real fix wheteher you have 'Robin', 'Assistant' or some other voice activated app you may have installed, you need to go to 'Settings' and turn off the Caller ID notification.

I fixed my mom's phone when she had the same issue. It was in Driving Mode. As for the path I took to fix it, I only remember starting at the settings menu on the home screen.

Its called driving mode. Go to settings/accessibility/text-to-speech output and turn off driving mode.

'ok i just got my Samsung galaxy ace 2x. all of a sudden this morning it started saying "you have a new message from taylor". I've checked all the settings nothing is on and it still wont stop!!! what do I do??

Driving mode is also selectable at the top where you pull down for notifications.

Cool Re: My Samsung Galaxy S3 voice announces my calls and texts.

James is correct. You need to turn it off at Setting --> Language and Input --> Text-to-speech output --> Driving mode (slide it to off)

And most importantly restart your mobile. It works.

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much. Didn't even realize that Driving Mode had some how been stuck ON in the widget. Really appreciate all the help here.

I had this so I disabled driving mode

You need to disable Driving Mode from touch wiz menu at the top of screen.

That's exactly wht it is... I a have a galaxy3 and my phone was is driving mode. Lol. Just click on it to turn it off. Tht shud quiet her annoucing ur information. :-D

I have spent 3 days trying to get the notifications from being spoken and I finally did it, with help from Google search. Go to application manager and find tts and disable it. It works!!

Thanks I had the same problem and the forum solved it.

Thank you! this Helped a lot!

Best comment here thanks..

THANKS SO MUCH!! It was driving me crazy too!! I just want to know how it turned itself on!! I didn't do it!!

NOT DRIVING MODE for me. I turned on Accessibility features on Note 3 to get Pebble SmartWatch working. Pebble displayed ONE phone caller! Since then Note 3 reads "loading" "loading" "loading" etc. when opening a web page, AND my Note 8 tablet seems to have picked up the bad habit as well.

Can't find where to turn it off.

Other annoyances on Note 3: It displays "Personal Messages" if you haven't deleted all text chains (like they are NEW), and, I think, even when there were NONE! Visual Voice Mail had to be installed as an app (AT&T) and I have to go look for messages. NOT as simple as it was on the iPhone 4 & 5.

All clues appreciated!

Thanks!

UPDATE: MAY BE "Pebble On" feature. Will test and report back...
    Last edited by mlwinnig; 10-12-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Your phone is probably in "Driving Mode" go into setting>accessibility>text-speech-output> turn "Driving mode" off.

Thanks so much...could not figure out how the setting changed, or where in settings it could be corrected. Glad that I came here for the fix!

I like the idea of driving mode... When I'm driving. How do I get driving mode to work only when I am driving. Is there a way to get the girl to talk only when I'm driving and not when I'm sitting on my couch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12