Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Clean Android on Amoi N821?

Hello everyone,

Sorry for my first post here being a question for you all. I searched on the forums (and on other parts of the internet) but really can't find anything on this specific case.
    I'm interested in buying an Amoi N821, but I've read that it comes with a Chinese (though optionally English-language) firmware that doesn't have such things like the Googly Play Store. Of course I'd want the Google Play Store as I don't want to miss out on great and fun apps.
    Because of this, I think it would be best to have a clean Android install on the Amoi N821, but I wouldn't know how to do this or if this is even possible.
    I'd like to note that though I am slightly technically inclined, I know next to nothing about Android (or smartphones). This will be my first step into the wonderful world of smartphones, so my knowledge is limited. So please bear with me as some instructions might have to be explained or elaborated upon.
    As far as I know, I'm supposed to flash a ROM (which I presume means writing a custom firmware into the system memory?), but it has to be designed for the specific phone and I need root access. I tried researching all this, but it's a risky affair I'd rather have semi-personal guidance with for my specific case than just following a guide that's not tailored to my phone.

I understand it's a bit difficult to assist me if I don't even have the phone in question, but I'd really want to be sure the thing I want is possible before I even attempt to purchase this device.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Clean Android on Amoi N821?

Can anyone help me with this? Or at least reply. If you can't provide help of this kind on these forums, it's fine to just reply saying that. It's much better than getting no replies and being left completely in the dark.

please dont buy this phone. the reason why no one is replying is because No one knows enought to help you with the rooting and ROM.
    I bet you that you wont find any ROMS for this phone and you wont get any help even if you try to create a thread in xda.
    the reason???? the phone is not supported by the Dev community.
    do you have a budget? I recommend buying Nexus 4 for $299
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

That's a bit out of my budget, but that does sound tempting. Nexus is a phone/tablet developed with Google's input/insight, right?
    However, I can't find the Nexus 4 here anywhere. And from what I see, that's a common problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurio View Post
    That's a bit out of my budget, but that does sound tempting. Nexus is a phone/tablet developed with Google's input/insight, right?
    However, I can't find the Nexus 4 here anywhere. And from what I see, that's a common problem.
    Yes Nexus 4(Phone) and Nexus 10(Tablet) is developed by google and supported by google.

due to high demand for the phone it is currently sold out. it will come back in a few weeks.

if that is out of bugget buy a galaxy Nexus or something. try buying a popular device.