Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bakerbert
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question how to change bottom icons on home screen on the new Samsung Galaxy S3 4G i9305

hi guys i need help does anyone know how to change bottom icons on home screen (e.g. phone,contact,message,internet,apps) i think its called the bottom dock its for new Samsung Galaxy S3 4G i cant find any forum or vids on youtube, i can find plenty on how to change the icons on the lock screen but thats not what i looking for

any help would be awesome =]]]]]]]]]]

ROM
    JellyBeans

Default Re: how to change bottom icons on home screen on the new Samsung Galaxy S3 4G i9305

I do not think you can change your icons with the stock launcher.
    you can try a different launcher. I use Apex (free version in the market). https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=en
    After you install apex, you can long press any icon on the homescreen > click edit> click on the icon >choose any icon you want in your gallery (there are tons of free ones out there).
    Nova Launcher is also a very popular launcher and works just as well. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...5sYXVuY2hlciJd
    Sent Via..Raven from Kings Landing
    BB Storm 1 > Samsung Droid Charge > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Note II & LG G Pad 8.3
    Thanked by:
    Kaos theory likes this.

Global Posts
    989 Global Posts

Default Re: how to change bottom icons on home screen on the new Samsung Galaxy S3 4G i9305

Yes you can. I just did it. Basically the same way you just explained with apex

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos theory View Post
    hi guys i need help does anyone know how to change bottom icons on home screen (e.g. phone,contact,message,internet,apps) i think its called the bottom dock its for new Samsung Galaxy S3 4G i cant find any forum or vids on youtube, i can find plenty on how to change the icons on the lock screen but thats not what i looking for

any help would be awesome =]]]]]]]]]]
    Just long press and you'll see the trash can all the way to the right. Drop the icon in the trash can and then put whichever one you want in its place.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

It's not working on mine either...
    Holding the icons at the bottom, doesn't even seem to be recognised?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne Cheng View Post
    It's not working on mine either...
    Holding the icons at the bottom, doesn't even seem to be recognised?
    Maybe not an option on your version of the GS3?

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch