CM9 Touchpad identifies itself as an "Acer A510". Can I edit this string?
Hi all, when trying to do my duties on the HP "Other HP Products and Technologies/webOS Hardware & Software" section of their forum, when I use the Android User agent of the stock browser, their forum software sees my device as an "Acer A510". This gets tacked onto each post I make!
I'd like to look like more of a "team player" and have the forum see my device as an "HP TouchDroid" (for example).
Anyone know how and where this string can be edited?
- 12-24-2012, 02:14 PM #2
Motorola DROID A855 (Retired) / Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 (Sold) / Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 (Sold) / Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717 (Sold) / LGE Nexus 4 E960 / Samsung Nexus 10
- 122 Posts
Re: CM9 Touchpad identifies itself as an "Acer A510". Can I edit this string?
Alas! That string didn't exist in build.prop.
Is there a program you could recommend that can search the entire device for "Acer A510"? The file manager recommended in the thread seems to only search for file names globally...
- 12-24-2012, 11:03 PM #5
- 122 Posts
- By Scatabrain in forum BlackBerryReplies: 23Last Post: 07-15-2013, 01:14 AM
- By mldiroff in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 13Last Post: 07-09-2012, 06:16 AM
- By spooksmcgee in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 9Last Post: 11-26-2010, 06:29 PM
- By BigRichieRich in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2010, 07:02 PM
- By RichR in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 05-30-2010, 10:42 AM