Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Question Best solution to access all my photos online?

It's officially gotten to the point where I have too many pictures strewn across too many devices. I've decided I need to look into a solution that allows me to access all my photos from one central point on my computer and my smartphone. I'm thinking I need to look into some type of cloud storage solution, and I'd be curious if anyone on the forums has any experiences/thoughts to share on what the best services are, or if I'm missing something even more obvious. Can I only realistically look at services like Google drive, Dropbox, etc. or are there other solutions that specialize only in photos that would make things easier (e.g., I've thought about uploading more photos to Picasa web albums and using that as a clearinghouse for my photos/videos, but I'm not sure if it would really be adequate or not). Any thoughts anyone has on this is greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Best solution to access all my photos online?

I use Dropbox. Rather than write all my assignments in an agenda, I just snap pictures of them and have them set to automatically upload. I can view all my pics across my tablet, phone, computer, and iTouch. The cool thing is you get some free data for every pic auto uploaded and if you sign in from an HTC Sense device, you get several free gigabytes of storage for 2 years, depending on Sense version. I believe Samsung Galaxy S3's are the same, except they get more.

Hope I helped!

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

Google +, simple and effective.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

I prefer Google +/Picasaweb myself. It is very well integrated into google devices.

Global Posts
    7,456 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Picasa is great for photo storage/sharing. You can easily share or privatize the photos/albums as you like and have access from anywhere. The early data price is not that bad either if you need additional space. If you are looking to place everything in one place and keep locked away, with minimal sharing, then perhaps Dropbox, Drive or Box is more appropriate. Let us know what you decide on using and how it turns out.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Picasa is great for photo storage/sharing. You can easily share or privatize the photos/albums as you like and have access from anywhere. The early data price is not that bad either if you need additional space. If you are looking to place everything in one place and keep locked away, with minimal sharing, then perhaps Dropbox, Drive or Box is more appropriate. Let us know what you decide on using and how it turns out.
    Box is still pretty archaic and really only good for bulk storage, not daily access and browsing. I also find box to be very slow.

I have found that Google+/Picasa to be the best solution for this. Not really the best, but better than other options. Mostly because for me, I have lots of photos and Google+ will at least give me unlimited space as long as the files are converted to 2048 which works for me for online sharing and viewing. I still keep the RAW files locally, as I shoot in RAW.

ROM
    xtrrom 4.6.5

i've used picasa for several years on my pc and now i use it on all of my android devices. i have all my picasa albums set to private so none of my pics can be seen by anyone unless i choose to share on google +.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    Stock

Are Picasa albums available to anyone if you make them public, or just folks with a Google email address? I seem to recall having an issue with that at one point.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    xtrrom 4.6.5

Quote Originally Posted by jerethi View Post
    Are Picasa albums available to anyone if you make them public, or just folks with a Google email address? I seem to recall having an issue with that at one point.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    If you make them public then they are open to anyone, gmail acct not required.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums