Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Factory reset phone; having problems.

My mother gave me her Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000M. I was having problems with the sound and other things, so I decided to do a factory reset. Well..

1. Don't have Google Play. Instead, 'Market' is there (haha). When I tap it, it brings me to the terms & services of Google Play but there's no way to accept them or get past them in any way. I can't open Samsung apps either, don't know why.
    2. I can't do a firmware update at all. Samsung Kies tells me my phone can't do it through the program (?) and there's no option on the phone itself.

I'm just very annoyed right now. I don't know much about these phones, so any help is greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays.

Edit:

3. Samsung Kies detects the device but, when I tried to sync music to the phone, it said "device not responding".

I'm about ready to throw this thing out the window.
    Last edited by terminally_chilled; 12-25-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Factory reset phone; having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by terminally_chilled View Post
    My mother gave me her Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000M. I was having problems with the sound and other things, so I decided to do a factory reset. Well..

1. Don't have Google Play. Instead, 'Market' is there (haha). When I tap it, it brings me to the terms & services of Google Play but there's no way to accept them or get past them in any way. I can't open Samsung apps either, don't know why.
    2. I can't do a firmware update at all. Samsung Kies tells me my phone can't do it through the program (?) and there's no option on the phone itself.

I'm just very annoyed right now. I don't know much about these phones, so any help is greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays.

Edit:

3. Samsung Kies detects the device but, when I tried to sync music to the phone, it said "device not responding".

I'm about ready to throw this thing out the window.
    Which phone is this I can't tell by the model number. What carrier. When you did the factory reset was it from recovery or from the settings options?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Carrier is Bell. Reset from factory reset in settings.

Phone:

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by terminally_chilled View Post
    Carrier is Bell. Reset from factory reset in settings.

Phone:
    http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/...GT-I9000_3.jpg
    with the phone off ,press and hold Home+Vol down + power keep holding and this should take you into a recovery screen. From this menu use the option wipedata/factory reset also wipe cache partion. Not sure if this is the procedure for your phone but it should be close.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato