- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Nexus 7 Won't Pass Initial Boot
Yesterday I got a Nexus 7, but I haven't been able to use it yet. After letting it charge for a while, I hold the power button to boot, followed by a white Google logo on a black screen. After roughly 16 seconds, the screen goes blank and repeats the process. I am able to access the menu that shows the Android on it's back, with the body open with blue buttons. There is no red triangle.
From here, I can select start and it again shows the Google logo - but just hangs there. No difference after minutes of waiting. Same results for Recovery Mode. If the device is plugged in via USB to a charger / computer, the Nexus freezes when reaching the menu, after which I am forced to reboot the device.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.
- 12-27-2012, 11:06 AM #2
Re: Nexus 7 Won't Pass Initial Boot
Does the lettering say it is unlocked? Maybe someone did a botched firmware install? I'd check XDA Developers and attempt to use the toolkit to restore the stock rom and CWM/TWRP recovery to get a custom rom.
- By kidmac13 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 12-03-2012, 01:07 PM
- By elvisgp in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 2Last Post: 05-03-2012, 11:03 PM
- By moto8dog in forum Samsung Galaxy S II SkyrocketReplies: 3Last Post: 12-07-2011, 11:43 AM
- By Nza in forum Droid 2 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 07-10-2011, 04:25 AM
- By Elluzion in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 07-06-2011, 02:00 PM