Unidentified Tablet causing big probs

Mark89

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I've just bought a cheap tablet with a multi touch capacitive touch screen, and a decent enough speed. It's not half as bad as I would have thought considering it's price.

It's called the " 7" iDAMO Android Tablet A13 ", and if you're interested, you can check the full specifications here. 7" iDAMO Android Tablet A13 with Case Keyboard Stylus Screen Protector BUNDLE | eBay

My problem is that because the device is so niche, google-play does not recognize it as being capable enough to play battleships, or other android applications, even though I know it CAN. When I log in to google-play and attempt to install an app from the PC, the site just tells me "unknown A13MID[?]" instead of letting me install it like it should.

Can I somehow turn this off, or spoof that my phone is of a different brand? At the moment, my tablet is limited by "standards" rather than build quality, and that's a really frustrating feeling. I'd like to make my own decisions on whether an app runs well enough or not.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I've just bought a cheap tablet with a multi touch capacitive touch screen, and a decent enough speed. It's not half as bad as I would have thought considering it's price.

It's called the " 7" iDAMO Android Tablet A13 ", and if you're interested, you can check the full specifications here. 7" iDAMO Android Tablet A13 with Case Keyboard Stylus Screen Protector BUNDLE | eBay

My problem is that because the device is so niche, google-play does not recognize it as being capable enough to play battleships, or other android applications, even though I know it CAN. When I log in to google-play and attempt to install an app from the PC, the site just tells me "unknown A13MID[?]" instead of letting me install it like it should.

Can I somehow turn this off, or spoof that my phone is of a different brand? At the moment, my tablet is limited by "standards" rather than build quality, and that's a really frustrating feeling. I'd like to make my own decisions on whether an app runs well enough or not.

you have to be rooted and have to modify build.prop file to spoof.

This is one of the many drawbacks of buying a non brand tablet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7