How can I promote my android game? Any Tips please?

Gurumobile

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I just published a single player edition of a Sudoku game (The multi player edition is coming soon) but after 4 days, I got only 5 downloads.
I used social media (facebook, twiter) to advertise the game.
I also wrote to few reviewers, but that require a huge budget which I don't have.

Can anyone tell me how to promote the app and at least appear within the first 20 pages in Google Play?.

I would appreciate also you guys could give me feedback about the game.

Here is the link. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.gurumades.msudoku&token=fjjrDAKB

Empire of Sudoku.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Putting your link here and on other communities is a good start. First app usually takes a bit longer to be seen in the search. Try redditing about it. And also there are some pages on Facebook and communities Google Plus you can post it. Do you consider paid ads?

One good advice. Do as much as you can, as fast as you can. Google Play is made for discovery. The more you lose time the harder you find it to boost your app in the search.

Gurumobile

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Annahid for your advise.

I have done some posting in Google Plus communities and few Facebook pages. Yesterday I got 16 downloads.

Would you please tell me what you meant by "Try redditing about it"?
Yes, I might consider paid ads. Do you think $500 can make a difference?

Thanks again for you time.

Bald?

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
500$ can make a big difference if spend correctly. I have spent almost this much money so far without spending correctly, and that's why I am still struggling.

First of all, you might want to consider some reviews. I'm not sure I can name websites here, but you can most definitely find some online that do paid and even free reviews. But don't go mental with that. Just 2-3 is enough (even free ones). I will PM you a few good paid review services.

Second, for android market you need slow ads. Using AdMob or other networks of your preference, you can start a campaign for 2-3 cents per click but for a long time. Do not fall into the trap of bursty advertisements. Pick a shiny graphical advertisement or a catchy phrase to get high CTR (click-through rate). You seem to be good at that.

Keep ads slow and persistent. Use reddit community and AC to get constant feedback about your game. I will install it today and try to give you some feedback.

Appsorg

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

You can promote your apps at Appsorg.com

Appsorg.com - Helps you share and organize your Android apps from around the web. ;-)

BrainAdventure

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am a student developing an android game. it is called Zombies Have no Bus Pass : Blood of the Dead. I have heard that even though your game has good quality it might not get noticed especially if you are an indie developer. I wanted to ask you for some advice on the name of the review sites you mentioned and how I can preview my game. I am really trying to make it a good game but am afraid of the marketing side. as I said I am a student and do not have much budget for marketing. I have made a facebook page as well but do not have much likes. I thank you in advance.