Galaxy No PC Connectivity

UpsetCustomer456

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, I am trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy Express to my W7 PC with a usb cable. I was able to do it last week. I have changed nothing. Suddenly, it won't connect. But it does charge when connected to the PC. It also does not work in my W7 laptop, though it charges in that also. Further, my wife has an identical model phone, and it works in both computers. And just for fun, I tried two different usb cables, not that I even expected that to make a difference.

I have been through the abysmal tech support attempt at helping me- which basically told me to do everything I already tried from a google search. Settings changes, all that junk.

Does anyone have any idea how I might fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This happens occasionally with my Razr Maxx. I'm assuming you have your Galaxy's USB connection to "USB Mass Storage" or the equivalent (it'd help if you listed the things you've already tried from your Google search). Things that can help are:

(1) Unplug the phone from the PC, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in, and wait for at least a minute to see if the Windows dialog box pops up to explore the phone's drives. I sometimes notice significant delays when I plug in my Maxx.

(2) Reboot your phone, then try again.

(3) Reboot your computer, then try again.

UpsetCustomer456

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Oh I've gone way beyond all of this. Thing is, no computer recognizes there's a phone attached to it. (Or vice versa, who can tell?) I can't even GET to the part where I select "usb mass storage." It's as if it's not plugged in at all! Except for the fact that it charges.

Anyone out there know how to fix this? Or do I need to take my phone back for an exchange?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the original USB cable? Some 3rd party USB cables can be a little unreliable.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Might be a problem with the USB port on your phone. One last thing to try might be to use a can of compressed air to try to clean out the port, in case there's some debris caught in there. If that doesn't work, I'd bring it in to your wireless provider and ask them for an exchange, if it isn't too late, or call Samsung if the phone is still under warranty. If you have insurance on your phone, use it as a last resort, since there's a deductible to pay for a replacement.

lynnbortnick

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted you to know that I'm having the same issue. All day yesterday had my Galaxy Express connected to my Windows 7 PC and was happily transferring files, about 2Gs worth. Then suddenly the icon in the notification bar went away, I did nothing to make it go away and nothing I do now will bring it back. I tried down loading new drivers, rebooting, taking the phone battery out for a total restart. Nope, my PC no longer sees my phone, but happily charges it.
I heard back from tech support, they said my phone did not have the capibility to connect to my PC and I should use Kies. I guess I spent most of my day yesterday in some alternate universe, with a better phone and easily connected to my PC.

jssqmaty

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't got a way to connect Samsung Galaxy Express to PC, you can folow the below way to have a try:

Step 1. Download and install the USB drivers for Galaxy Express.
Step 2. Connect the device to an available USB port using the included USB cable.
Step 3. A prompt will appear on the screen of the phone. Drag the notification area down, then select Connected as media Device > Media device (MTP).

In adiition, You may also use the Samsung Kies software to manage files on the Galaxy Note2. You can download and install the Kies software from Samsung. Once the Kies software is installed, it will automatically start whenever you connect the phone to your computer.

Tip: If you find your PC cannot detect your phone successfully, please try:
1. If you have any USB 3.0 ports make sure you are NOT plugged into one of those.
2. Before you download and install Kies, go to your Device Manager by searching Device manager and finding the Samsung Galaxy Express drivers and uninstalling them. Then, download Kies and install the program. Once it?s done installing plug your phone in and wait for it to install.