Is there any way to place apps in folders in the apps pages (HTC One X)

MFThomas

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't mean folders on the home screen, look at the attached imaged if you don't understand. I want to know if it's possible to organize those instead of having to go through multiple pages.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356754886668.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356754886668.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 23

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's possible to make separate categories with the Razr Maxx (although not folders), but I don't know about HTC phones. What comes up when you tap the Menu button on the upper right? Does it give you any options to create a new category?

MFThomas

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
The only two options that come up on that menu that would be relevant are "sort" and "manage apps," neither of which give me the option to create folders.

Also, if I was able to sort them into custom categories I guess that would serve the same purpose.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I just looked through the One X manual online. Doesn't look like there's a way to do what you're looking for using the stock system. Maybe someone else can suggest a 3rd party launcher app that can mimic what you'd like to do.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
If you're not opposed to using a different launcher, both Apex and Nova let you create different categories in the app drawer (which appear like different tabs across the top). Nova will also let you create folders inside the app drawer, which is exactly what you're asking for. Apex doesn't let you make folders in the app drawer from what I can tell.

Here is a pic of my app drawer in Apex (swiping left and right switch tabs, and down scrolls through the apps within that tab. There are also more tabs to the right of "media")
apyjepu5.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante