Need help installing file

jpatomic96

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Alright, so I am new to android and I am trying to install an app I downloaded. I have downloaded a file which when unrar'd contained two files; one was an apk file about 7 mb and the other a folder with a file called something like main. 3594.com.

I need help installing this because when I try to install the apk nothing happens
I heard of something called an obb file? I am confused what to do all help would be appreciated
Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Judging by what you've said, I'm guessing this wasn't acquired through a legit site and I hope you aren't about to install a virus, not to mention this raises piracy questions. Those aside, you're always best to install via Google Play (I think Amazon also has trusted apps, but I've never used it) to make sure your phone can handle it and get the right version, it will install right, should work, and don't have to worry about malware.

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Judging by what you've said, I'm guessing this wasn't acquired through a legit site and I hope you aren't about to install a virus, not to mention this raises piracy questions. Those aside, you're always best to install via Google Play (I think Amazon also has trusted apps, but I've never used it) to make sure your phone can handle it and get the right version, it will install right, should work, and don't have to worry about malware.

Yes, Amazon apps are even more trusted than Google Play. I have a developer account there. They actually verify and test each APK upload before it goes live. And I agree that one shouldn't download apk files from untrusted sources.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol