1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    R3Z

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Default The Droid Demos - Best place for Android app demos and root tutorials!

Just launched my new site for app demos and tutorials. My first post is the video walkthrough of Swype I made a while back in the Hero forums on XDA. Almost 3000 views on that video now. Feel free to give your opinion about the site and offer up any suggestions or requests. Hope you guys like it!

The Best Android App Demo Site on the Net! App Demos, Rooting Tutorials, and More!

|Phone: Sprint HTC EVO Rooted | ROM: CyanogenMod 6| Recovery: Amon RA 1.7.0.1|

|Expired Phones: | HTC Hero - Passed Down w/ RegawMOD 2.1 and JIT | Palm Pre - Sold | Blackberry Pearl 8130 - Passed down | Sanyo SCP-7000 - Retired |

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

great site.. I think screen shots are key
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    R3Z

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mh27 View Post
    great site.. I think screen shots are key
    Thanks for the feedback! New demo up today of JuicePlotter.

Last edited by djR3Z; 07-23-2010 at 12:22 PM.
    The Best Android App Demo Site on the Net! App Demos, Rooting Tutorials, and More!

|Expired Phones: | HTC Hero - Passed Down w/ RegawMOD 2.1 and JIT | Palm Pre - Sold | Blackberry Pearl 8130 - Passed down | Sanyo SCP-7000 - Retired |
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    R3Z

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Here's XiiaLive, easily the best internet radio station streaming app. Video demo for ya

Last edited by djR3Z; 07-23-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djR3Z View Post
    Here's XiiaLive, easily the best internet radio station streaming app. Video demo for ya

Check your inbox.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    R3Z

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IOWA View Post
    Check your inbox.
    Replied

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

I'd love to see a video demo of "My Backup Pro" in action...as well as some demos of "Tasker" which can be confusing... Great site btw...

Anyone else having problems with the site? I'm getting only 'x'es' in all the links on the site.

And when I click on a link I'm getting website cannot be found.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    R3Z

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

The site crashed last night night and we're having some major problems. Posts were deleted somehow as well. I'm working hard to try to get it back up. Tried restoring from a backup and the problems are persisting. I'll let you guys know as soon as its all squared away.

Sorry to hear that, but glad it was not on my end.

From the descriptions, the site looks very interesting and quite promising for people like me who will be actually joining the Android world in a few months.

I feel that jumping from a BB to an Android system will not be as easy as jumping from a common cell phone to BB. I didn't have any habits of where to find stuff when I started with BB, smart phone technology was new. Now, I'm used to where to go on a BB to find things, I'm used to BB terminology, and now I have to relearn where to go and what it means.

And let me add, people like me are extremely thankful for sites like you are creating.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    R3Z

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RETG View Post
    Sorry to hear that, but glad it was not on my end.

From the descriptions, the site looks very interesting and quite promising for people like me who will be actually joining the Android world in a few months.

I feel that jumping from a BB to an Android system will not be as easy as jumping from a common cell phone to BB. I didn't have any habits of where to find stuff when I started with BB, smart phone technology was new. Now, I'm used to where to go on a BB to find things, I'm used to BB terminology, and now I have to relearn where to go and what it means.

And let me add, people like me are extremely thankful for sites like you are creating.
    I really appreciate it bro Thats what motivates me. As someone jumping ship, what are some things you want to know? I'd be glad to put it into a video. I've got some plans for some that are right in line with what I think you're looking for

And it took a lot of work (had to completely reinstall wordpress, redo the entire theme, and repost everything) but the site is back up Let me know if you have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by djR3Z View Post
    The site crashed last night night and we're having some major problems. Posts were deleted somehow as well. I'm working hard to try to get it back up. Tried restoring from a backup and the problems are persisting. I'll let you guys know as soon as its all squared away.
    If you need help... or advice, I'm pretty experienced in these matters.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    R3Z

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IOWA View Post
    If you need help... or advice, I'm pretty experienced in these matters.
    It was a glitch in some wordpress settings. I ended up just doing a clean install. Much more to my liking lol.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    R3Z

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Made a LOT of changes the site today. Looks a lot sleeker and you should DEF check it out. Also, added a forum! So go check it out