Apps missing in Market

Dwight Moore2

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello to all...

Have a Motorola Citrus from Verizon... I did a reset the other day and now some of the apps that I had I cannot find in market to reinstall. Example: I Heart Radio, Yahoo Mail and WeatherBug.

I have deleted the apps before and later reinstalled them with no problem. They were working fine when I did he reset but now they are not in my market. I see they are in google play but my phone doesn't work with google play. How do I get them back? Thank in advance for any help.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had a couple ideas, but those were shut down when you said your phone doesn't work with Play. How did you get the apps to begin with, Amazon? Have you tried to get it working on Play?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello to all...

Have a Motorola Citrus from Verizon... I did a reset the other day and now some of the apps that I had I cannot find in market to reinstall. Example: I Heart Radio, Yahoo Mail and WeatherBug.

I have deleted the apps before and later reinstalled them with no problem. They were working fine when I did he reset but now they are not in my market. I see they are in google play but my phone doesn't work with google play. How do I get them back? Thank in advance for any help.

go here https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...channel.iheartradio.controller&token=nM8vqtfi and click install and send it to your phone.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Odd, because the original Google market should upgrade itself to Play. Still1's idea was one I thought about at first too. You go to the link from a computer, not your phone (or search for apps on the computer at Google Play), then click the install button from there. That would normally push the app to your phone.

I'm not familiar with your phone, but there is another possibility depending on specs. If it's an older/weaker phone, those apps may have been updated and the updates are not compatible any more. When an app is updated, it doesn't keep the older versions on Play, which would keep you from seeing them. As of right now, that's my best guess and not sure if that's what's going on.

Dwight Moore2

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
problem with play is that it says need 2.2 and my phone is 2.1 update 1, i try to update and it says its up to date . like i said though, all 3 of those apps was working fine and getting updates fine untill i did the reset.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what to say other than possibly installing a custom ROM or something with a newer OS version to get you Play. I don't know if that would even work.

That's the problem with phones. The low end ones have almost no longevity as apps and the OS quickly update beyond their ability and no easy way to get the older versions that worked for you. People joke about computers being obsolete before you open the box, but they have nothing on how quick even high end phones fall behind.