- 9 Posts
How Do I Regain Lost Root?
Superuser notifies me that my app (Link2D) has been granted SU permissions. However, when I start that app it throws a popup stating "Link2SD has not yet managed to obtain root access." It appears that all my apps have lost their root permissions even though they are displayed as "allowed" on the Superuser app list. Furthermore, when I launch Gingerbreak it simply says "Loading...looking for Superuser" and never comes out of that mode. Rebooting doesn't help anything.
I'd like to know the easiest way to repair the broken root on my Android 2.2.1 LG Vortex. Thanks.
- 9 Posts
Re: How Do I Regain Lost Root?
1.) Uninstalled Gingerbreak
2.) Downloaded and installed Universal Android AIO Flasher v1.40 b from XDA
3.) Used unroot feature of AIO
4.) Reinstalled and rooted with Gingerbreak
The only remaining issue is Superuser keeps saying my binary is outdated. When I update, it fails when "Making sure new su works..." Rooting permissions appear to work normally so I'll deal with that issue at another time.
- By metro424 in forum HTC EVO 3D Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 04-08-2012, 07:04 PM
- By scspur in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 5Last Post: 05-24-2011, 04:31 AM
- By ilhan80 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 03-10-2011, 06:28 PM
- By ilhan80 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 5Last Post: 03-10-2011, 10:36 AM
- By crownzeal in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 8Last Post: 12-21-2010, 12:17 PM