1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post Moving apps to micro sd on Samsung Galaxy Rush

Hello, I just bought my micro sd card (8g) and I inserted it into my phone. It says its there but I don't know how to transfer my apps or music, videos, extc onto it! I have the Samsung Galaxy Rush. I tried downloading apps to move it but it says there is an option 'move to sd card' and there isn't. Is it not reading the micro sd card right? I tried moving simple apps, messenger, bubble worlds, fruit ninja, whale trails, things like that but all it said was clear cache and no other options. I downloaded a few of these apps to transfer to the sd but they didn't work. I don't really know what to do because it says I have little space but the sd card is in there. It has 7 gigs of space but nothing is on it. How do I transfer my apps?

Default Re: Moving apps to micro sd on Samsung Galaxy Rush

i'm having the same problem right now.when i find an answer ill let you know.

Since ICS there is no more moving apps to SD... Unless rooted I guess..

Anywho, the hierarchy so the SD card is usally /sdcard/ext_sd or /sdcard/sdcard2 depending on the device... So maybe that'll help you in your file manager app to move stuff

Samsung disabled App2SD capabilities, so you have to root the phone, partition your SD card and use Link2SD (Don't bother if you don't have at least an 8GB card, and I'd recommend dedicating at least 4GB of storage to your apps... but the /data partition can still fill up if you're not careful. There is a program out there that will swap the /data and /mnt/extSdCard to let you dedicate your whole card to data or just a partition... But that requires root also. Perhaps Google will finally resolve this neverending issue in Key Lime Pie?