Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Default Re: How to permanently block Google Play Services from installing automatically?

Quote Originally Posted by Helron View Post
    TRUE! TRUE! I may not be an expert, but I am certainly a user who hates, hates, how intrusive Google has become! I hate ITunes for that reason, and now Playstore is even worse. Google+ ? Pls! It's a nightmare and a gigantic invasion of privacy. IMHO

Droid Razr via Tapatalk. Droid Razr w/root.
    Well, you don't need to even use Google on your android. Delete your account, side load amazon ( or download from the developer then selves if you can), then install a app that freezes apps. Freeze all the Google apps and viola.

Or you root and install a custom ROM without GApps and you'll have a truly Google free android

I should throw in that there is no way of getting rid of Google search option. But just make bing, shudder, default.

Can't say that for iOS, Blackberry or Windows.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Wink Re: How to permanently block Google Play Services from installing automatically?

JUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THIS PASTE:

Default Re: How to permanently block Google Play Services from installing automatically?

JUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THIS PASTE:

Sorry for the other replys haha. HEY MAN, JUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THIS PASTE:

Prevent Google Play Service to be autoinstalled (remove green google settings icon)
    Hello!!

This is a simple workaround to prevent the google service (com.google.android.gms-1.apk) that creates the anonying green Google Settings icon.

MANUAL:
    1 Uninstall the Google playstore service from application manager or Remove the (com.google.android.gms.apk or com.google.android.gms-1.apk) from /data/app
    2 Simply create a file in /data/app named ( com.google.android.gms-1.odex) As empty file.

END.

CWM flasheable:

Flasheable CWM /data/app fake com.google.android.gms-1 files to prevent to be installed.
    First uninstall google playstore service and reboot to CWM flash this, and reboot, finish!.

I have been testing for ours and no force close or errors.

Because the stupid updates F up other system features I like better. That's why. It is NOT a cache issue. Something in this update disables voice commands and screws with the phone's ability to charge correctly.

@still1

Why can't you just try to answer the OP's question or get off the thread instead of trying to belittle him for expecting someone to do so without preaching or forcing their views on him?

This goes for ALL threads you get it in your head to troll.
    Last edited by Halimenthemis; 05-26-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinjhall View Post
    I've successfully blocked Google Play Services (and the bloated Google Play itself) by deleting the Google Play updates under manage applications. This returns the software to the original state as Android Marketplace. If I want to download an app I open the old Android Marketplace app and allow it to download Google Play updates. When I have the app I want I delete Google Play updates again. The other advantage is you don't get bothered by app update messages.
    I've just done the same thing, I tried clearing cache and everything else, even tried to 'force stop' google play but this didn't work. I was left with just 5MB of space. Finally I have uninstalled Google Play Services and Google Play. For me, it was google play services that was getting bloated. I am glad it worked for you and I hope it works for me.
    I haven't been able to get rid of a blue blinking LED light though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubna Kably View Post
    I've just done the same thing, I tried clearing cache and everything else, even tried to 'force stop' google play but this didn't work. I was left with just 5MB of space. Finally I have uninstalled Google Play Services and Google Play. For me, it was google play services that was getting bloated. I am glad it worked for you and I hope it works for me.
    I haven't been able to get rid of a blue blinking LED light though.
    I unininstalled updates and uninstalled google play services and google play store ...its working for me and I can just download through the market as I did before google play put 30 something mb on my phone for nothing .
    Thanked by:

Angry Re: How to permanently block Google Play Services from installing automatically?

Well my phone doesn't allow you to move apps to the SD card. LG Optimus S. Google Play Services downloads automatically and freezes my damn phone. It's a stupid app. I clear my casche all the time and yet my phone has no internal memory available!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12