Error: Insufficient Storage Available message

wheatrock

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
So My facebook app has been not loading photos on the news feed for many days, so I decided to try and uninstall, so that I could try and re-install, to see if that would help. It didn't. In fact, it only uninstalled the updates, not facebook in it's entirety. (facebook was already installed when I bought the phone) Now as I try to reinstall the updates, it tries to install, but then says insufficient storage available, and leaves me with an old crappy version. I have plenty of storage space available, so there must be a glitch or something, but I've tried over and over to update, and still nothing. So frustrating!!!!!! I have a years worth of stuff on my phone, so I definitely don't want to reset it, and lose everything. can anyone offer any solutions, where I won't lose everything? Btw, I already tried emptying the data/cache, and that didn't work, and It's only is happening with facebook. I've heard a little about rooting, but know absolutely nothing about this, and I don't want to try it and lose everything on my phone. I'm about to pull my freaking hair out!!!!!!!!!! Help!!!! There's got to be a stupid, simple fix for this, right?

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Error: Insufficient Storage Available message

You have galaxy right? Go to bootloader menu and wipe cache partition (dont mistake it with wipe data option that is in same menu), it should help. I have same issue but this helped templerly. Not sure if this will work on other phones

wheatrock

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Odp: Error: Insufficient Storage Available message

Actually, it's a Samsung Infuse (very much like the Galaxy). I'll have to try and find the bootloader menu, that you speak of. I don't recall seeing anything like that.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Peple also call it recovery menu :] you need to hold home, power and vol up (i think) on boot

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Actually, it's a Samsung Infuse (very much like the Galaxy). I'll have to try and find the bootloader menu, that you speak of. I don't recall seeing anything like that.

Peple also call it recovery menu :] you need to hold home, power and vol up (i think) on boot
To enter recovery on infuse you press Volume up , down and power. Hold until you see samsung, then only let go of the power button until recovery appears.

but to address the first post. are you sure you have enough storage , my gf had this problem and when i checked she did infact have not enough storage, she had confused her internal memory with her external memory and was sending all her pictures and download to the internal card.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

To enter recovery on infuse you press Volume up , down and power. Hold until you see samsung, then only let go of the power button until recovery appears.

but to address the first post. are you sure you have enough storage , my gf had this problem and when i checked she did infact have not enough storage, she had confused her internal memory with her external memory and was sending all her pictures and download to the internal card.

Oh yea..... i always over complex things lol well at least you have solution if theres really sapce

Wysyłane z mojego GT-N8000 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Matzel_27

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

Now what?

I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3. I am fine with the facebook app but can't update others or download new apps. Plenty of storage as far as I can tell. I am not exactly a techie but I did empty cache (1 tap cleaner) and uninstalled a few seldomly used apps to free up space. No luck. :-(

Screenshot_2013-01-13-12-40-32.png

This is a 2 month old work phone, so rooting is out of the question. That said, frustration is great.
This seems to be a wide spread problem across multiple versions of Android OS. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Matzel_27

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

I take it a hard reset won't cut it either, right?! I have read a number of other people's experiences and it seems that did nothing to fix the problem.

Sally Halpin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem as well on my Samsung Infuse. Can't reinstall facebook due to "insufficient storage". All other apps work fine, I deleted some extraneous files, tried other things mentioned here and still no go. Frustrating and apparently no fix. :-(

wheatrock

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
So, it's been a few weeks, and still no fix to this problem. With the exception of this problem, I've really liked my Samsung phone, but I'll probably go with an iphone next time around. Too bad I have another 11 months before I can bail, and get a new phone. Shame on the developers for these problems... shame, shame... shame!!!!

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Now what?

I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3. I am fine with the facebook app but can't update others or download new apps. Plenty of storage as far as I can tell. I am not exactly a techie but I did empty cache (1 tap cleaner) and uninstalled a few seldomly used apps to free up space. No luck. :-(

This is a 2 month old work phone, so rooting is out of the question. That said, frustration is great.
This seems to be a wide spread problem across multiple versions of Android OS. Any and all help would be appreciated.

By cache you mean cache partition right in recovery menu? not app cache

jpmullen7889

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Go into settings. Applications. Manage
Applications. Facebook. Clear data.
This was how to resolve insufficient space issues with pantech phone. Phone was not receiving text messages.

michael2006

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Did this suggestion help??? I have an INFUSE also and have the exact same problem and it is only with FB. I have installed several apps with no problem. Have more than 13 gb of storage.