Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: [SOLVED][Android 4.1][iOS] How Emoji works on Android and iOS

I have ASUS PADFONE INFINITY with native(built in) colored emoji just like the I PHONE,I've tried to copy the te ttf. files to my s4 but did not work.Is there any way we can extract what ever that make it work?
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: [SOLVED][Android 4.1][iOS] How Emoji works on Android and iOS

I recently came upon this forum after I was Googling how to add emotes to my Samsung Galaxy S3 (I believe it runs 4.1.2 Jelly Bean), and it seems very helpful.
    However, I cannot find anything for "Android Keyboard", and the options for "Samsung Keyboard" don't seem to be the same thing.
    Any ideas?

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

Hello.

So are the icons actually stored in the .ttf file or would they be somewhere else????

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

I've had my s4 for a couple of months and have never been able to see emojis on any app. I don't see them in the initial first post (very informative, thanks ). I use SwiftKey as my keyboard and as much as I'd like to use them, I would really prefer just to see them. I'm with Rogers in Canada and my phone runs on 4.2.2.

Can anyone help me figure out how I can see the emojis without rooting or switching keywords ?? Sorry for the ultra noob request!

Posted via Android Central App

Rant coming through:

I don't understand why the Android stock keyboards (besides the ones on Nexus) can't just come with a built-in emoji keyboard like the iOS :-(

I actually like the B&W Android version. I don't want to have to fake my way using iOS copycat emoji apps like MultiLing or Kii. I just want it easily accessible without having to go through this grueling search for the best emoji keyboard app. I like the Google Keyboard because it's fast, smart, etc but I don't want to have to switch to a whole different keyboard just to input emojis, you know?

I think I'll just sit and wait for this keyboard to update with an emoji option. I do know about the "emoji dictionary for English words" but honestly, why would I bother typing the whole word "victory" just to make a ✌ (peace sign). It's exactly the opposite of what emojis are for. Instead of making it easy to express happiness by clicking the already formed ☺ (smile), I have to type the word "happy" or "smile" plus, I will need to remember what word corresponds to what emoji. It's way too hassle to put up with. No thank you. /endrant

Actual question:
    Does anybody know if Google Keyboard is going to come up with an actual emoji keyboard add-on?

Also if anyone likes the Android emojis, this is a pretty okay keyboard app I cane across:
    😊😃😻👌💩💛💚💗🐗🐧🐣❄🎆🎼🍰🍌🎠🌉🎭
    Kinda sucks as a keyboard but the emojis are Android (not iOS) and there are lots of "text art" options if you're into that stuff. ⓛⓘⓚⓔ ⓣⓗⓘⓢ ⓣⓞⓞ. I wouldn't like that keyboard if not for the android emojis. Sigh.
    RedskinMom likes this.

Question Re: [SOLVED][Android 4.1][iOS] How Emoji works on Android and iOS

I have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3. I am currently using the Handcent SMS app for texting and the multiling keyboard for social media sites. I found that when I used just the multiling keyboard the emoji's wouldn't show up in my texts so I added the Handcent SMS app for texting purposes. Just as the multiling keyboard emojis wouldn't show up in my text, the handcent app didn't give me emjoi's for social media sites. I'm happy with this set up with the exception being that when I receive a text the pop up takes me in to the multiling keyboard rather than the handcent. So before I am able to respond I have to close out of the multiling and go in to the handcent. (The multiling keyboard has to be set as the default in order to use it in the social media sites.) So I guess I have two questions...1. Is there anyway to make the text notification for multiling not pop up with the text I receive? and 2. If that's not possible is there a keyboard app that will let you send the typical "iPhone" emojis in both text messaging as well as using them in social media sites?

Ours does this - Magic Keyboard 2 (free 30 day trial is 'Magic Keyboard 2 Free' if you want to try it out).

Our guess is that most keyboards will support emoji before too long.
    That said, whenever you send emoji you are dependant on the recipient being able to read them which is not always the case.
    We've attempted to explain a few emoji compatibility issues .

One question: i want to see iphone ( ios5) emojis on my galaxy s3 mini ( android 4.1.2 ). what should i do to see them colorfull just like iphone without rooting my phone. plzzzz someone answer my question.

Maybe I am not asking this in the right area...Can anyone help me with this issue. All my friends have iphones..

I have a HTC One through Sprint. We have all downloaded the Emoji Keyboard to have symbols when texting. Everything works fine on their phones. My phone only views the symbols in Black & White both with incoming and outgoing. All color with iphones. Driving me crazy...

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I am not asking this in the right area...Can anyone help me with this issue.All my friends have iphones..

I have a HTC One through Sprint. We have all downloaded the Emoji Keyboard to have symbols when texting. Everything works fine on their phones. My phone only views the symbols in Black & White both with incoming and outgoing. All color with iphones. Driving me crazy...

My phone is rooted and I still cannot see emoji in most apps

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hello, I have android 4.1 and I've downloaded the emoji add on dictionary and have installed and reinstalled it as well... On Wikipedia's emoji page I can see almost all the black and white emoji and on apps and webpages (including this website) i can see them... But I cannot yippee them... The only emoji I have are displayed here: if you can please help me that'd be greatly appreciated!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123