[SOLVED][Android 4.1][iOS] How Emoji works on Android and iOS

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a Droid RAZR MAXX and have the exact same problem. I install the emoji dictionary, it disappears when I go back to that screen, refresh, then have to install again. Its a continuous loop.

I'm having the same problem with my original Droid razr. I can see the emoji on Instagram, etc. But i can't type it. I tried to go into settings and found where the emoji keyboard is but it doesn't want to "stick". after i install it, and refresh or leave the settings, it says uninstalled. How can I fix this?:confused:

I have the Droid RAZR Maxx and I can see the emojis but when I go to add on dictionaries and download the add on it doesn't work. I go back to look at it I it disappears. I refresh the page and its there again but I have to re install it again. Does it work for my phone?

Seems like an issue with Motorola's implementation of Jelly Bean on the TI OMAP devices. http://forums.androidcentral.com/dr...ionary-does-not-install-4-1-2-jelly-bean.html

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: [EXPLANATION][Android 4.1][iOS] How Emoji works on Android and iOS

I can't install Emoji for English words... It would install but then delete right away. I tried refreshing like 10 times and it keeps doing the same thing.... Please help me!! I have Nexus 7 :'(

On the Nexus 7, I'm on 4.2.2. and use Emoji input, iWnn IME.

chachaboom

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

hi guys, i tried everything that was recommended here. im using galaxy note 2 running 4.1.2. tried downloading google keyboard, no problem downloading emoji for english. but it does not display smiley. it's either a blank square or a black space. used multiling keyboard, it does not show as well. help me pls!

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

hi guys, i tried everything that was recommended here. im using galaxy note 2 running 4.1.2. tried downloading google keyboard, no problem downloading emoji for english. but it does not display smiley. it's either a blank square or a black space. used multiling keyboard, it does not show as well. help me pls!

Just downloaded kii keyboard and handcent emoji plug in... Bam problem solved.... Hold down 123 symbol bottom left corner till u see smiley face...

Posted via Android Central App

chachaboom

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

Just downloaded kii keyboard and handcent emoji plug in... Bam problem solved.... Hold down 123 symbol bottom left corner till u see smiley face...

Hi there, thanks for your response, i tried but it still doesnt show the emoji when i type. i can see the emojis on the keyboard but when i select that emoji, it doesnt appear on the message box. it's jus a blank space. im fine with even the black n white emoji but i dont even have that :'( btw i checked my phone, it has androidemoji.ttf inbuilt. smting is wrong with my phone..

katiesam

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site

Just downloaded kii keyboard and handcent emoji plug in... Bam problem solved.... Hold down 123 symbol bottom left corner till u see smiley face.

Thanks for mentioning Kii keyboard. I downloaded it and it seems to be working fine.

I can see most of the emojis on my screen when I type them which was progress!

Unfortunately, when I sent them in a message to my friend who uses an iPhone, he couldn't see the emoji and just got a bunch of question marks instead. He has an iPhone 4s and says he downloaded iOS6 a while ago.

Do I need to change my settings or something to get this to work?

Mariana Garrido

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the LG optimus L9 & recently updated to 4.1.2 but even before that I was able to see emojis bt in black & white, I have seen pictures on ig of android users who are able to view color emojis do know how that is possible?

ginobili1

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
For all the Kii keyboard users who don't see the emojis on their message TEXT BOX. Do not worry. Even if the emoji doesn't appear in the text box, it will once it is sent. I have tried it with many iPhone users and they can see the emoji once its sent.

For everyone who wants to use iOS6 emoji's on their phone, just use Kii keyboard with the Handcent plugin. Easy as it is. Depending on the app implementation, you might:
1. See the iOS6 emojis in both the message box and send/received screen (your main app)
2. See the iOS6 emojis in the send/receive screen but blank spaces in the message box
3. Don't see them anywhere as they are replaced by Android Emojis. But the iOS user will still see what you sent.

Hope this helps.

Flashes20131

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, I tried the multiLing keyboard and whenever I bring up the emojis all I see are boxes on the keyboard, which is weird cause they display fine when they show up in the message, twitter etc. So how do I fix that? Also, I tried the Google Keyboard, but I'm not sure what emoji dictionary you guys are talking about so if you could tell me that would be great!

ml63

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I have ASUS PADFONE INFINITY with native(built in) colored emoji just like the I PHONE,I've tried to copy the te ttf. files to my s4 but did not work.Is there any way we can extract what ever that make it work?
Thanks

Erin Yamasaki

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I recently came upon this forum after I was Googling how to add emotes to my Samsung Galaxy S3 (I believe it runs 4.1.2 Jelly Bean), and it seems very helpful.
However, I cannot find anything for "Android Keyboard", and the options for "Samsung Keyboard" don't seem to be the same thing.
Any ideas? :'(

coty5mel

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had my s4 for a couple of months and have never been able to see emojis on any app. I don't see them in the initial first post (very informative, thanks :)). I use SwiftKey as my keyboard and as much as I'd like to use them, I would really prefer just to see them. I'm with Rogers in Canada and my phone runs on 4.2.2.

Can anyone help me figure out how I can see the emojis without rooting or switching keywords ?? Sorry for the ultra noob request!

tinatinabanana

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Rant coming through:

I don't understand why the Android stock keyboards (besides the ones on Nexus) can't just come with a built-in emoji keyboard like the iOS :-(

I actually like the B&W Android version. I don't want to have to fake my way using iOS copycat emoji apps like MultiLing or Kii. I just want it easily accessible without having to go through this grueling search for the best emoji keyboard app. I like the Google Keyboard because it's fast, smart, etc but I don't want to have to switch to a whole different keyboard just to input emojis, you know?

I think I'll just sit and wait for this keyboard to update with an emoji option. I do know about the "emoji dictionary for English words" but honestly, why would I bother typing the whole word "victory" just to make a ✌ (peace sign). It's exactly the opposite of what emojis are for. Instead of making it easy to express happiness by clicking the already formed ☺ (smile), I have to type the word "happy" or "smile" ? plus, I will need to remember what word corresponds to what emoji. It's way too hassle to put up with. No thank you. /endrant

Actual question:
Does anybody know if Google Keyboard is going to come up with an actual emoji keyboard add-on?

Also if anyone likes the Android emojis, this is a pretty okay keyboard app I cane across: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.mobisters.textart.free&token=1MKDPHro
😊😃😻👌💩💛💚💗🐗🐧🐣🎆🎼🍰🍌🎠🌉🎭
Kinda sucks as a keyboard but the emojis are Android (not iOS) and there are lots of "text art" options if you're into that stuff. ⓛⓘⓚⓔ ⓣⓗⓘⓢ ⓣⓞⓞ. I wouldn't like that keyboard if not for the android emojis. Sigh.

RedskinMom

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3. I am currently using the Handcent SMS app for texting and the multiling keyboard for social media sites. I found that when I used just the multiling keyboard the emoji's wouldn't show up in my texts so I added the Handcent SMS app for texting purposes. Just as the multiling keyboard emojis wouldn't show up in my text, the handcent app didn't give me emjoi's for social media sites. I'm happy with this set up with the exception being that when I receive a text the pop up takes me in to the multiling keyboard rather than the handcent. So before I am able to respond I have to close out of the multiling and go in to the handcent. (The multiling keyboard has to be set as the default in order to use it in the social media sites.) So I guess I have two questions...1. Is there anyway to make the text notification for multiling not pop up with the text I receive? and 2. If that's not possible is there a keyboard app that will let you send the typical "iPhone" emojis in both text messaging as well as using them in social media sites?

PicomatStudios

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Ours does this - Magic Keyboard 2 (free 30 day trial is 'Magic Keyboard 2 Free' if you want to try it out).

Our guess is that most keyboards will support emoji before too long.
That said, whenever you send emoji you are dependant on the recipient being able to read them which is not always the case.
We've attempted to explain a few emoji compatibility issues here.

arya navab

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
One question: i want to see iphone ( ios5) emojis on my galaxy s3 mini ( android 4.1.2 ). what should i do to see them colorfull just like iphone without rooting my phone. plzzzz someone answer my question.

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I am not asking this in the right area...Can anyone help me with this issue. All my friends have iphones..

I have a HTC One through Sprint. We have all downloaded the Emoji Keyboard to have symbols when texting. Everything works fine on their phones. My phone only views the symbols in Black & White both with incoming and outgoing. All color with iphones. Driving me crazy...

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I am not asking this in the right area...Can anyone help me with this issue.All my friends have iphones..

I have a HTC One through Sprint. We have all downloaded the Emoji Keyboard to have symbols when texting. Everything works fine on their phones. My phone only views the symbols in Black & White both with incoming and outgoing. All color with iphones. Driving me crazy...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC