Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wife is Undergoing Exit Counseling - Android Question

The lack of WiFi in my wife's iPad2 provides me with the opportunity for a family intervention - hence I have bought her a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Like any cult intervention, there are transitional pains, most of which I have been able to deal with.

Here is one question that I have not been able to satisfactorily resolve:

In iOS when she clicks on a Word or PDF file within the stock browser, iOS automatically shows the file's contents from within the browser. The contrasts with Jelly Bean (and previous versions) where the file is automatically downloaded to the default "downloads folder". I've checked "Settings", "Dolphin Options" and even the options under the stock browser but to no avail.

Is there a fix or do I need to change my default browser? Many thanks.

Default Odp: Wife is Undergoing Exit Counseling - Android Question

Android browsers simply dont support those formats, thats why it downloads and then you can open it with aplication that support it. In other words your wife will need to use to downloading and clicking file in notifications or you find browser that can open documents.

Default Re: Odp: Wife is Undergoing Exit Counseling - Android Question

I have heard that the browser xScope Pro ($2.99) will do this, but I personally have not used it. Might be worth a shot. Don't forget about the 15 minute window where you can buy, try, and then uninstall (which will refund your money). If you have a couple sites all ready to use, you could easily install it and see if it will work for you and if not, get in under the 15 minute window.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...51bGwsMSwyLDNd
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Odp: Wife is Undergoing Exit Counseling - Android Question

Many thanks. \i will check out the alternative browser