- 2 Posts
Wife is Undergoing Exit Counseling - Android Question
The lack of WiFi in my wife's iPad2 provides me with the opportunity for a family intervention - hence I have bought her a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Like any cult intervention, there are transitional pains, most of which I have been able to deal with.
Here is one question that I have not been able to satisfactorily resolve:
In iOS when she clicks on a Word or PDF file within the stock browser, iOS automatically shows the file's contents from within the browser. The contrasts with Jelly Bean (and previous versions) where the file is automatically downloaded to the default "downloads folder". I've checked "Settings", "Dolphin Options" and even the options under the stock browser but to no avail.
Is there a fix or do I need to change my default browser? Many thanks.
- 01-04-2013, 07:47 AM #2
- 692 Posts
Odp: Wife is Undergoing Exit Counseling - Android Question
Android browsers simply dont support those formats, thats why it downloads and then you can open it with aplication that support it. In other words your wife will need to use to downloading and clicking file in notifications or you find browser that can open documents.
- 01-04-2013, 11:10 AM #3
- 1,476 Posts
- By rootbrain in forum Nexus 7 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 11-23-2012, 05:42 PM
- By omarnova in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 04-27-2011, 10:36 PM
- By Thale in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 6Last Post: 03-01-2010, 07:50 AM
- By dieseldroid in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 11Last Post: 01-28-2010, 08:54 PM
- By Jibeker in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 1Last Post: 01-05-2010, 01:13 PM