Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Convert block capitals handwriting to sentence case

Hi all,

I've recently got my first ever smartphone, a Galaxy Note 2, and I like it a lot. I especially like being able to enter text with the stylus in my own handwriting.

The catch is that I write in BLOCK CAPITALS, and I would like the phone to automagically convert this input into lowercase (or ideally sentence case). I've tried googling around for an app or setting to do this, but all I could find was guidance for app developers on case conversion.

Please don't tell me to learn to write in lowercase or to use an onscreen keyboard; I bought the phone as a paper notebook replacement, not as a tiny laptop.

Thanks in advance,

Buzko

Default Re: Convert block capitals handwriting to sentence case

It converts written test as it is entered. Enter in block capitals, transcribes in capitals. Seems straight forward.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - SGH-I747M
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi MobileMadness002,

I understand that the phone transcribes the text as written. However, if I put block capitals into my text messages, IT WILL SEEM AS IF I AM SHOUTING ALL THE TIME, WHICH IS NOT THE IMPRESSION I WANT TO GIVE. You see?

I am looking for some app or setting to turn TEXT LIKE THIS into either text like this or Text like this.

Thanks,

Buzko.

I know what your looking for, but as far as I can tell it does not exist. Even searching Play store yielded no results.

Your welcome.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - SGH-I747M