way to merge Google Play accounts?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

Has anyone found a way to merge Google Play accounts? I have two email accounts on my phone, I wish to take that down to one but there are purchased apps in both accounts at Google Play. I looked into this some time ago and Google told me back then that they could not merge accounts -- which I thought was rather ridiculous. Doesn't Google have the (sometime scary) power to do just about anything? Anyway, they told me that I'd have to contact each and every paid app maker that I'd purchased from and see if they'd give me a new download under a different email addy since I'd already paid once. I got a few that cooperated but the whole process turned out to be really time consuming and frustrating. I finally gave up and just re-purchased the most important apps.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

Has anyone found a way to merge Google Play accounts? I have two email accounts on my phone, I wish to take that down to one but there are purchased apps in both accounts at Google Play. I looked into this some time ago and Google told me back then that they could not merge accounts -- which I thought was rather ridiculous. Doesn't Google have the (sometime scary) power to do just about anything? Anyway, they told me that I'd have to contact each and every paid app maker that I'd purchased from and see if they'd give me a new download under a different email addy since I'd already paid once. I got a few that cooperated but the whole process turned out to be really time consuming and frustrating. I finally gave up and just re-purchased the most important apps.

Thank you!

Simple answer: no.

Complicated: I've had the same issue. The best advice I can give is to just move on and repurchase everything. The developers usually need the money anyway, they work their tails off!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, you should have only been purchasing apps from one account. I had a similar issue when I decided to change email addresses to a more professional one....had to rebuy apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith