1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default way to merge Google Play accounts?

Hi there,

Has anyone found a way to merge Google Play accounts? I have two email accounts on my phone, I wish to take that down to one but there are purchased apps in both accounts at Google Play. I looked into this some time ago and Google told me back then that they could not merge accounts -- which I thought was rather ridiculous. Doesn't Google have the (sometime scary) power to do just about anything? Anyway, they told me that I'd have to contact each and every paid app maker that I'd purchased from and see if they'd give me a new download under a different email addy since I'd already paid once. I got a few that cooperated but the whole process turned out to be really time consuming and frustrating. I finally gave up and just re-purchased the most important apps.

Thank you!
    Last edited by debsdroid; 01-06-2013 at 03:21 AM.
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Default Re: way to merge Google Play accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by debsdroid View Post
    Hi there,

Has anyone found a way to merge Google Play accounts? I have two email accounts on my phone, I wish to take that down to one but there are purchased apps in both accounts at Google Play. I looked into this some time ago and Google told me back then that they could not merge accounts -- which I thought was rather ridiculous. Doesn't Google have the (sometime scary) power to do just about anything? Anyway, they told me that I'd have to contact each and every paid app maker that I'd purchased from and see if they'd give me a new download under a different email addy since I'd already paid once. I got a few that cooperated but the whole process turned out to be really time consuming and frustrating. I finally gave up and just re-purchased the most important apps.

Thank you!
    Simple answer: no.

Complicated: I've had the same issue. The best advice I can give is to just move on and repurchase everything. The developers usually need the money anyway, they work their tails off!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default way to merge Google Play accounts?

Yeah, you should have only been purchasing apps from one account. I had a similar issue when I decided to change email addresses to a more professional one....had to rebuy apps.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: way to merge Google Play accounts?

Yeah I know. One of those hindsight is 20/20 things.

Deb - from my GS3
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.