Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Angry Google Search no longer searches phone by default

I have a number of applications on my phone that are just search plugins. (Searchify, for example.) At some point before 4.2, they "stopped working". I've come to discover that they still work fine if, after doing an initial search and pressing enter or selecting a suggestion, you scroll the bottom bar all the way to the right and select "Phone".

This is really awkward. I want those apps' suggestions to appear in the initial list of suggestions. Is there any way to make the initial search screen suggestions include those from "Phone"?

To preempt some questions: the initial screen's suggestions do include applications I can run, just not searching "inside" applications. I have verified that the applications I want to search inside are enabled in the search settings. I have disabled Google Now, but I've tried reenabling it, with no improvement in results.

Default Re: Google Search no longer searches phone by default

I have a similar problem, but its with music. Previously if I searched for an artist, song or album any matching music that was on the device would show in the main results. Now I have to scroll to the right and hit "Phone" in order to see them. I'd rather not have web results included in the search at all. This used to be a setup option in a previous version.

I guess Google is in the business of selling clicks.