- 3 Posts
Android Access to Ubuntu Instance on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
I currently have an AWS instance running Ubuntu 12.04 and use NoMachine NX client to access via FreeNX. I also have the Java in place on the instance and that gives me access from any device with the NX client installed or via a web browser that runs Java JRE.
Ubuntu Desktop version is from here: https://www.desktopanywhere.com/free_cloud_desktop/
Unfortunately I cannot find a way for either of those methods that is compatible with Android on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (great phablet by the way).
Any ideas how I can might be able to access my Ubuntu Cloud Desktop on AWS from my Android device? I don't mind rebuilding the instance if there is a good way to do this.
- 3 Posts
Re: Android Access to Ubuntu Instance on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Figured it out and created an new version of the Free Cloud Desktop Amazon Web Services (AWS) image of 12.04 that runs on Android. It's free and you can get it at Desktop Anywhere - https://www.desktopanywhere.com/free_cloud_desktop/
It also still runs from a browser and NX local client. Android is great and now my Ubuntu Desktop runs on it too!
- By Genetic in forum HTC One XReplies: 9Last Post: 05-08-2014, 12:06 PM
- By lesorkim in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 40Last Post: 10-14-2012, 11:49 AM
- By SalilSundresh in forum Market HelpReplies: 0Last Post: 09-12-2012, 08:46 PM
- By rileygregory1 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 1Last Post: 04-02-2012, 03:03 PM
- By AJFSTORM in forum Android AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 05-30-2010, 09:11 AM