Transferring DVDs to my Samsung Note 10.1

peter66

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
One of the key triggers for me when deciding to buy the Note was when the Samsung bloke told me that I could download my bought DVDs to my PC, transfer them to an SD card and then watch them on the tablet. So far I have bought an SD card and managed to get it working in the tablet (it's 64GB) and I have downloaded a couple of copy protected DVDs to my PC using DVDSmith and transferred them to the SD card, but they won't play on the Note. The file format is wrong I think. On my PC, the files for each DVD are a mixture of BUP, Windows Media Player and MPEG. When I transfer them to the SD card and look at them on the Note, they are BUP, IFO and VOB (whatever that all means!) When I click on any of the files I get the message "Unable to find application to perform this action".

Am I doing something wrong or do I need copy in a different way? Is there some straight-forward way of getting protected DVDs onto my SD card so that they play on my tablet? I'm not massively techy, so if anyone is able to answer, please pitch it as if to a novice!

Thanks.