1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Samsoung Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy S 2? Which is.......

the better phone? Right now I have an Alcatel One Touch 995A. It's not bad, but I can't find out how to assign ringtones to my contacts or to assign music to my contacts. I could do that with my Nokia 6085 and liked it. It was helpful to be able to hear either 'Don't sit under the Apple Tree' when my dad called from his cell or 'In the Mood' when he called from the land line.

I just figured out how to save the pictures from my messages to the SD card. But would love to be able to do things with a smartphone that my plain Nokia 6085 could do.

I have until the end of this month ( Jan. 31 2013 ) to decide if I want to keep the One Touch or switch to something else. I've looked online at the reviews for both the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and the Samsung Galaxy S 2. I don't think I'll be able to afford the S 3, but who knows. I'd love to hear what owners of all three have to say about them, especially the Nexus and S 2. Can you assign ringotnes/music for people in your contact lists? Is it fairly easy to save the pictures/images from messages to the SD card? I've just started with apps. Loaded three Star Trek books and am halfway on the third one. The One Touch has Gingerbread, does either of the Samsungs have that or do they have something else?

I freely admit that I am a Smartphone newbie. My teen and I have the same kind of phone while my hubby and oldest have flip phones. Any help would be greatly appreciated! When I went in to see why my phone couldn't find service, the sales clerk told me that he really doesn't like the Alcatel phones, but he loves his Samsung Glaxy S 3. Last time I had one of the people at the store say something like that was after Hubby decided that we would all get the super cheap Nokia 2720, which was a major pain in the **** type of phone. Anyway, sorry to get side-tracked. I'd really love to hear the pros and cons of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, the S 2 and even the S 3

Thanks in advance and Peace!

Default Re: Samsoung Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy S 2? Which is.......

Honestly it depends on you. My brother has the sII and I have the nexus. I love my nexus, you can do anything with the nexus or the sII. The things you want to do are standard and you can even do that on most androids running 2.2+. If you want pure android get the nexus(which means no bloatware from your provider or the manufacturer.) The sII does have bloatware but is beneficial if you have other Samsung products

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Depends on which company u are with. If sprint then the Gnex if u are in a lte area

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Depends on which company u are with. If sprint then the Gnex if u are in a lte area

We're with Viaero. And usually the most common one that picks up when we're roaming is AT&T
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Well the Gnex then

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Well the Gnex then

That's kind of what I am leaning towards. Thanks for the input!

I had the s2 and it was an awful experience.,.lots of headaches

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    6,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Have you used either of the two? If possible, I'd suggest stopping by your local wireless store and see what you think. Verizon has the Galaxy Nexus, AT&T/T-Mobile have S2 variants and Sprint has a Galaxy Nexus and S2 variant (Epic 4g Touch). This will give you a better idea if you like one or the other, in terms of feel, appearance and basic functions, such as camera quality. I have the epic 4g touch and love it...but if given the chance I'd probably switch to the Nexus just to have it's form factor and current OS, Jellybean 4.2. Don't get me wrong, I love the Epic and everything it has to offer. It's just that the Galaxy Nexus is a Google branded device with the Pure Android experience...not to mention it will be supported by Dev's for while in terms of custom ROMs and keeping it updated to the latest Android OS once Google stops supporting it.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Well we went in today and switched from the Alcatel One Touch to a Samsung Galaxy S2. The deciding factor was that the S2 has the mini SD card, which both my teen and I really like being able to have as an option to save images and music from our phones. So far we both like it better! It's way more user friendly, but we're both still working on getting our music from Google Play to load and be used for ringtones or if we have to load the music via a different way.

Thanks for the input, though!! While I was pretty sure about switching, the comments helped my teen decide to switch, too and now he is pretty happy with it

Put songs in the ringtone folder and it should register, if not then use gosms and you can assign music as a ringtone within the app. Congratulations on the new phone, enjoy it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2