!HELP! Factory Reboot not available! HOW DO YOU RESET SAMSUNG Galaxy S3

Borisr55

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I bout the Samsung Galaxy S3 on ATT yesterday. I took it home, downloaded Samsung Keis from the Samsung Website, and plugged it into the computer so I can add music. A thing on Keis told me I could update my phone to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 :) I was excited for Jelly Bean and clicked update.

The update process began and became frozen on 7%...

After letting it try to download overnight I gave up on it and unplugged it... bad idea I guess because now the screen reads:

Firmware upgrade encountered
an issue. Please select
recovery mode in Kies and try again.​

After doing "recovery mode in Kies" I was told to take the batery out (and back in) and go to factory reboot... after searching around forums (such as this one) I have found that I must click HOME+VOLUME UP+POWER

I did that... nothing happened it just turned back on... to the same screen as before;

THINGS I HAVE TRIED:

HOME+VOLUME UP+ POWER ---> Result: Same as before
HOME+VOLUME DN+ PWER -----> Result: Downloading mode... restarted download.... but it never downloaded after another 4 hours.... no progress

I just want everything to be back to normal on 4.0.4...... A factory restart is an option... since I got the phone yesterday

THANK YOU FOR HELPING :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I bout the Samsung Galaxy S3 on ATT yesterday. I took it home, downloaded Samsung Keis from the Samsung Website, and plugged it into the computer so I can add music. A thing on Keis told me I could update my phone to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 :) I was excited for Jelly Bean and clicked update.

The update process began and became frozen on 7%...

After letting it try to download overnight I gave up on it and unplugged it... bad idea I guess because now the screen reads:

Firmware upgrade encountered
an issue. Please select
recovery mode in Kies and try again.​

After doing "recovery mode in Kies" I was told to take the batery out (and back in) and go to factory reboot... after searching around forums (such as this one) I have found that I must click HOME+VOLUME UP+POWER

I did that... nothing happened it just turned back on... to the same screen as before;

THINGS I HAVE TRIED:

HOME+VOLUME UP+ POWER ---> Result: Same as before
HOME+VOLUME DN+ PWER -----> Result: Downloading mode... restarted download.... but it never downloaded after another 4 hours.... no progress

I just want everything to be back to normal on 4.0.4...... A factory restart is an option... since I got the phone yesterday

THANK YOU FOR HELPING :)

We could tell you how to fix this, but since you bought this phone yesterday and have not hacked it you should just go back to ATT and demand a new one since you didnt do anything wrong they should just swap it out for you.

If there is another reason as to why you can not return it then we can go another route..

to get into recovery mode, try this Volume up + home...THEN while still holding those down Press and hold power. Continue to hold all three until you enter recovery

Borisr55

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
How long should I hold it..... It doesn't seem to be doing anything at all... and when I let go just a black screen (assuming that the screen just went black from inactivity)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
How long should I hold it..... It doesn't seem to be doing anything at all... and when I let go just a black screen (assuming that the screen just went black from inactivity)

Never counted but 10 -15 seconds I guess

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk