1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Nexus 4, Voice/GoogleNow activation via headset on lockscreen!

Hello,

I have never used Android before, today I received my Nexus 4. I was very excited thinking Voice/GoogleNow was far superior then Siri on iPhone. How can I activate voice/GoogleNow while the phone is on lock screen using my headset. It is a 3 button headset, and yes it does work.

While unlocked
    Music Playing works
    Activating google search works

While locked
    Only music features work.

I mainly use my phone when walking, or driving. On iPhone it was easy to activate Siri, I hold the button, it asks me what I want even when the screen is locked and reads back the SMS messages I would like to send using voice. On my nexus, not only does it not read back my messages to me, I cannot seem to activate it while its locked and in my pocket. Making it almost useless when it comes to driving and walking with phone in my pocket. I must be missing something, doing something wrong and I definitely feel I am not alone with this issue. Android must be equipped to do the necessary functions I need.

Thanks ahead of time!

Default Re: Nexus 4, Voice/GoogleNow activation via headset on lockscreen!

do you see a small faded dotted circle on the bottom of the lock screen? you might have missed it. press and swipe up to open google now.

@still1: No, he is not talking about activating Google Now from the lockscreen with the swipe up, he is talking about activating Google Now via the headset button while the phone is locked. I just got my Nexus 4 and am having the same problem too! I bike a lot so bit would be really nice to be able to change the song without having to stop and get out the phone! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers from another happy Nexus 4 owner

I would also like this.