- 1 Posts
Nexus 4, Voice/GoogleNow activation via headset on lockscreen!
I have never used Android before, today I received my Nexus 4. I was very excited thinking Voice/GoogleNow was far superior then Siri on iPhone. How can I activate voice/GoogleNow while the phone is on lock screen using my headset. It is a 3 button headset, and yes it does work.
Music Playing works
Activating google search works
Only music features work.
I mainly use my phone when walking, or driving. On iPhone it was easy to activate Siri, I hold the button, it asks me what I want even when the screen is locked and reads back the SMS messages I would like to send using voice. On my nexus, not only does it not read back my messages to me, I cannot seem to activate it while its locked and in my pocket. Making it almost useless when it comes to driving and walking with phone in my pocket. I must be missing something, doing something wrong and I definitely feel I am not alone with this issue. Android must be equipped to do the necessary functions I need.
Thanks ahead of time!
- 01-09-2013, 12:57 PM #2
- 01-11-2013, 09:36 PM #3
- 8 Posts
Re: Nexus 4, Voice/GoogleNow activation via headset on lockscreen!
@still1: No, he is not talking about activating Google Now from the lockscreen with the swipe up, he is talking about activating Google Now via the headset button while the phone is locked. I just got my Nexus 4 and am having the same problem too! I bike a lot so bit would be really nice to be able to change the song without having to stop and get out the phone! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers from another happy Nexus 4 owner
- 01-14-2013, 03:19 AM #4
- By yubeie in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 3Last Post: 09-15-2012, 04:11 PM
- By Nightowl33333 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 9Last Post: 01-10-2012, 07:04 PM
- By Trace509 in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 6Last Post: 11-16-2010, 04:36 PM
- By sakorda in forum Motorola Droid 2Replies: 4Last Post: 10-13-2010, 01:50 PM
- By Double Tap in forum Samsung MomentReplies: 3Last Post: 05-11-2010, 10:16 AM