Nexus 4, Voice/GoogleNow activation via headset on lockscreen!

vicson88

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have never used Android before, today I received my Nexus 4. I was very excited thinking Voice/GoogleNow was far superior then Siri on iPhone. How can I activate voice/GoogleNow while the phone is on lock screen using my headset. It is a 3 button headset, and yes it does work.

While unlocked
Music Playing works
Activating google search works

While locked
Only music features work.

I mainly use my phone when walking, or driving. On iPhone it was easy to activate Siri, I hold the button, it asks me what I want even when the screen is locked and reads back the SMS messages I would like to send using voice. On my nexus, not only does it not read back my messages to me, I cannot seem to activate it while its locked and in my pocket. Making it almost useless when it comes to driving and walking with phone in my pocket. I must be missing something, doing something wrong and I definitely feel I am not alone with this issue. Android must be equipped to do the necessary functions I need.

Thanks ahead of time!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
do you see a small faded dotted circle on the bottom of the lock screen? you might have missed it. press and swipe up to open google now.

SidelingJam3

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
@still1: No, he is not talking about activating Google Now from the lockscreen with the swipe up, he is talking about activating Google Now via the headset button while the phone is locked. I just got my Nexus 4 and am having the same problem too! I bike a lot so bit would be really nice to be able to change the song without having to stop and get out the phone! Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Cheers from another happy Nexus 4 owner :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21