HTC Droid Incredible badly wounded.

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
HI, I am new to this forum and I am in need of some help and I was hoping this online community could point me in the right direction. I'll get right to it...

I have a rooted droid Incredible, for the last few months I have not been in position of my phone and system updates were preformed. Now I have been told this can start to break lines of code within the device.
The issue is all apps now crash on my phone, the basic function of a telephone still works great and I can still send and receive text messages. However all other apps like beautiful widgets, weather channel, and newsy crash just after starting the app. I can still update applications, and even use the Google play store app.

My knowledge of mobile technology is limited but I did go ahead and try a factory rest..... My device seemed to have snapped back a little I notice it was faster after the reset but my application were still crashing. To make matters even worse now upon start up there is a string of crashed application that all have to be forced closed before you can use the device to place a phone call.

The device is running Android version 2.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated
IncredibleDrone

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: HTC Droid Incredible badly wounded.

Force close means unhandled exception, error that application didnt been code to handle. To check what this error is you can do 2 things:

-if you deal with app google play you should have raport button on force close, click it and preview raport and you should find error (unhandled exception) there.
-Check out LogCat, you can download app for that if you are pre-jelly bean or if you are rooted after jelly bean, but since apps not working for you you most likely forced to use android sdk and setting up ddms:

http://developer.android.com/tools/debugging/ddms.html

Remember to turn on usb debuging in developer menu and downloading driver for your phone

This should hintnyou wats going on

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Odp: HTC Droid Incredible badly wounded.

Force close means unhandled exception, error that application didnt been code to handle. To check what this error is you can do 2 things:

-if you deal with app google play you should have raport button on force close, click it and preview raport and you should find error (unhandled exception) there.
-Check out LogCat, you can download app for that if you are pre-jelly bean or if you are rooted after jelly bean, but since apps not working for you you most likely forced to use android sdk and setting up ddms:

Using DDMS | Android Developers

Remember to turn on usb debuging in developer menu and downloading driver for your phone

This should hintnyou wats going on

I will give this a shot this morning and will let you know how it goes thanks. My device is Rooted I did it myself about 1.5 years ago, but I am not sure if I did it before or after jelly bean. Anyway to tell?

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Looking Over the information you have given me I feel a little overwhelmed I am not sure what all of this is. I have SDK controller I have read over the forum on Using DDSM but I'm still uncertain how to proceed. I need more instruction, any chance their is a step by step guide some where I was hoping someone else had this problem before.

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

You see log from your phone? Or you cant set it up?

When an application crashes or needs to be forced stop is allows me to send a report, I am able to view the report, but I am not sure what to do with all the information in the report? I What am I looking for?

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: HTC Droid Incredible badly wounded.

When an application crashes or needs to be forced stop is allows me to send a report, I am able to view the report, but I am not sure what to do with all the information in the report? I What am I looking for?

Exception information or sometqhing like that, something that looks like error messages, if its now showing then it might be native code crashing, which harder to detect cause. You might find something more in logcat.

Hmmm, you could also try to remind your self what you been doing in device when this start to happened ; p