Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Work Outlook Calendar synch with Google Calendar?

I have a HTC Thunderbolt and use all the Google tools for my calendar, email and contacts. At work I have Outlook 2007. I would REALLY like to have my Outlook calendar (at minimum) pushed/synchronized to my phone. Is there an app or a way to configure this to work? Right now I am using the Outlook Web Mobile app for my email and I can view my calendar there but I would like schedule/calendar all in one place.

Default Re: Work Outlook Calendar synch with Google Calendar?

I believe the HTC Sync program will sync Outlook to your phone. Do a web search for it--you should find it pretty easily.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Default Work Outlook Calendar synch with Google Calendar?

Sounds to me like you're using Exchange at work (since you have web access to it). If so there's no reason to use the HTC sync. Just go to your settings and accounts, ande set it up in there. Tell it to sync your email mad calendar (and contacts if necessary).

Then your appointments will just show up on the calendar like normal. Usually the calendar appointments will be differentiated based on account (like your Outlook appointments might be blue while your Google calendar appointments will be red). But they'll all be merged in the calendar app so you can view them in one space.

For email, you can either keep them separate (using the Gmail app for your Gmail and the Email app for your Outlook) or you can use the Email app for both (you just need to set your gmail account in that app).

Once you're done, you just need to be aware that you have multiple accounts. When adding an appointment, you'll need to make sure you're adding it to the correct calendar so it syncs back to your computer correctly and you don't end up with work appointments on your Google calendar). Same when adding contacts....you can choose to create the contact as a Gmail contact, an Outlook contact, or a phone contact (that only exists on the phone).

It sounds more complicated in writing than it is in practice.

Oh, one thing about Exchange: your network admin might need to enable it for mobile access. In 2013, I'd be surprised if its not already unless you work for a company that's concerned about security to the extent they'd have it disabled.