Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By avenuePad
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Your thoughts on BB10 please..

Hello AndroidCentral.
    I'm not looking to start a flame war or troll. But I an interested in what the masses of Android Fans think about the up and coming BB10 platform?
    If you have even heard of it, if you have what your thoughts are.
    We all know Android has conquered the world so asking for an honest opinion should not be taken as fighting words.
    Thanks!

Default Re: Your thoughts on BB10 please..

Bb10 looks nice but Android reign Supreme. ... thou am getting it for my gf cos she is a bb fan

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

I have used BB devices for more than 3 years(mainly for work). using android for 2 years now

BB 10 seems to be a big step for RIM but still far behind. the problem is many people started hating BB and love their iOS or Android devices.

would be near impossible to bring them back, like me for example!! never going back to BB again.

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

The BB10 platform definitely looks like it would compete given mass following of the device. Like Still said though, it might be a little late in the game given mass followings for Apple and Android based devices. Windows 8 appears to be doing good considering its late start...but Microsoft also pumped a lot of money into the platform and was able to attract developers.

I had a chance to see BB10 in person in November and it looks quite nice. I could see some moving back to it. The multitasking is amazing. BB security is what has kept RIM from completely sinking, but BB10 could actually sway some people.

Let's just say that if I had to leave Android behind (), I would probably go with BB10 over Windows or iPhone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Regardless of how good BB10 may be, the big questions are (1) is it too little too late, and (2) will RIM commit to continuous innovation of its platform the way that Google and Apple have done? One of the main reasons for RIM's recent near-collapse is that they completely rested on their laurels, believing that the whole world was content with essentially the same system and the same phones for 4 or 5 years. The reality is that everyone's looking for the latest and greatest phone every year--sometimes even more than once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Regardless of how good BB10 may be, the big questions are (1) is it too little too late, and (2) will RIM commit to continuous innovation of its platform the way that Google and Apple have done? One of the main reasons for RIM's recent near-collapse is that they completely rested on their laurels, believing that the whole world was content with essentially the same system and the same phones for 4 or 5 years. The reality is that everyone's looking for the latest and greatest phone every year--sometimes even more than once a year.
    +1. I totally agree.

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

I'm pretty excited about it. I used blackberry for 3 years then moved to android 3 years ago. Don't know if I would move back, but I sure want to go check it out when it comes out. It would he nice to have more platforms doing well out there.

Well, Apple has been resting on its laurels for the past few years while Android has actually innovated, so there is room for other players to squeeze in. There are a lot of former BB users that only moved to the iPhone, and Android, because, like you said, BB just wasn't moving forward.

I personally think that there is room for multiple platforms, but only time will tell if people are willing to give BB another chance. App development will be another key factor in getting people embrace BB again.

I agree that recently, Apple hasn't changed much. I also agree that there's always room for multiple platforms, but it's a real uphill battle, and it requires a huge commitment to R&D and marketing on RIM's part. Let's see if they have the money and the right people for it.

I agree that recently, Apple hasn't changed much. I also agree that there's always room for multiple platforms, but it's a real uphill battle, and it requires a huge commitment to R&D and marketing on RIM's part. Let's see if they have the money and the right people for it.
    Fo shizzle.

B. Diddy likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Cool thanks for your input guys/girls, I hear what your saying!
    I have spent a lot of time researching the various OS platforms over the last few years! whats happened and is still happening in mobile is wild to say the least!
    I think that RIM, although taking their time to get it done, has addressed their mistakes of the past! Now has something worth addvertising to the masses!
    We can all agree that a little competition is good for us consumers. Microsoft held the world by the ballz with Windows for 20 years . Look at the innovation that took place during that time! No thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FanBlackBerrytastic View Post
    Cool thanks for your input guys/girls, I hear what your saying!
    I have spent a lot of time researching the various OS platforms over the last few years! whats happened and is still happening in mobile is wild to say the least!
    I think that RIM, although taking their time to get it done, has addressed their mistakes of the past! Now has something worth addvertising to the masses!
    We can all agree that a little competition is good for us consumers. Microsoft held the world by the ballz with Windows for 20 years . Look at the innovation that took place during that time! No thanks!
    I would want want BB to win rather than WP. wp is a disease. look at ie6,wm6,xp etc etc