Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By quicksilver53
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Netflix using a lot of battery

    The weird thing is, I haven't even used it. All I've done is install it and but it's using 10% of my battery. There only thing using more is the screen. Can anyone explain this? And if so is there a way to fix/stop this?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Netflix using a lot of battery

    settings-->apps-->All apps[extreme right]-->netflix-->clear data/cache
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Netflix using a lot of battery

    Clearing data and cache didn't solve anything for me.
    The netflix app is using 14% of my battery.

    Device:
    Samsung Note II-16GB
  4. #4  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Netflix using a lot of battery

    We need more info then 10% of your battery. Those percentages are not based on 100% of your battery. So when you say it used 20% you need to tell us what percentage is left on your battery Aswell.

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Netflix using a lot of battery

    Well I was not so much concerned about the actual 10%. I was more concerned as to why, other than the screen, Netflix was using the most battery. The reason this is brought to my attention is because I had been using many other applications and I have not even opened Netflix. All I have done is download it.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Netflix using a lot of battery

    Quote Originally Posted by Laidir88 View Post
    Clearing data and cache didn't solve anything for me.
    The netflix app is using 14% of my battery.

    Device:
    Samsung Note II-16GB
    I would call that a lie.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Netflix using a lot of battery

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    I would call that a lie.
    Why? Deleting data and cache usually cause more resource usage as it need to reconstruct whole thing or else what you really wanted is to reset configuration
  8. #8  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Netflix using a lot of battery

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    Why? Deleting data and cache usually cause more resource usage as it need to reconstruct whole thing or else what you really wanted is to reset configuration
    Because it's not an app that would take up 14% there is no way its running on iys own

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Netflix using a lot of battery

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Because it's not an app that would take up 14% there is no way its running on iys own

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    You forget about services that can start on boot up. Thru i dont see info on behavior like that with Netflix
  10. #10  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Netflix using a lot of battery

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    You forget about services that can start on boot up. Thru i dont see info on behavior like that with Netflix
    It has no reason to do anything on its own. It doesn't even check for updates on its own.

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  11. #11  

    Default Odp: Netflix using a lot of battery

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    It has no reason to do anything on its own. It doesn't even check for updates on its own.

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Well i never seen netflix in action, so i dont know ; p but lot of apps use services that people not even aware of that to do background processing as closing activity stop main execution of application, it's actions dont need to be visible to user.
  12. #12  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Netflix using a lot of battery

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    Well i never seen netflix in action, so i dont know ; p but lot of apps use services that people not even aware of that to do background processing as closing activity stop main execution of application, it's actions dont need to be visible to user.
    I use netflix for hours at a time and maybe runs up 18% .14% without opening sound seriously unlikely from backgroun running

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Netflix using a lot of battery

    If it's using the battery and you haven't even opened it, something is goofy. Uninstall it and reinstall it.

    But no....it shouldn't be using any battery if you're not using it.
  14. #14  
    carracerz14's Avatar

    Posts
    1,390 Posts
    ROM
    Arctic HD

    Default Re: Netflix using a lot of battery

    If you don't use it, then just uninstall it??? Problem solved.

    Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Netflix using a lot of battery

    I have been using Netflix on my Android devices for 2 year and never had the problem you described OP. As someone suggested I would uninstall a d reinstall the app.


    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    DroidXcon likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Netflix using a lot of battery

    I'm seeing the same thing, but for me it's 9%. Just in the last week.

Similar Threads

  1. Does popup notifcation or SMS popup use a lot of battery?
    By ahawkua in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2012, 02:36 PM
  2. does sms popup use a lot of battery?
    By ahawkua in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2012, 08:05 PM
  3. Is the OS supposed to be using a lot of battery life?
    By 2010BmwM3 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-21-2011, 04:30 PM
  4. Powering my TB off an on uses a LOT of battery
    By Mojave in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 07:54 AM
  5. Cell Standby and Phone Idle using a lot of battery
    By splmonster in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 02:33 PM

Posting Permissions

B