Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Typing options on Galaxy S3

[Running Android 4.1.2 on a Galaxy S3 LTE]

Not being the greatest typist on virtual keyboards (a combination of fat fingers and impatience), I used to find on my old S2 that when I typed a message, the predictive text would highlight what it thought was the word I was typing in blue and, if I continued typing, it would use that word.

However, on my S3 this option doesn't appear to be available - if I misspell a word I have to manually select the highlighted blue word, otherwise it'll use the word exactly as I've typed it. I've had an amble through the options and can't find anything which might allow me to change this setting.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Trent

Default Odp: Typing options on Galaxy S3

Try diffrent keyboard?

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Odp: Typing options on Galaxy S3

Try the Swiftkey Flow beta. You can turn off flow and just use the tapping part of the keyboard if you want. SwiftKey I think runs for $4 once the beta runs out.

If you like swiping style keyboards try the endlessly in beta Swype. That is my personal choice for keyboards.

There's also dozens of others in the Play Store. One that is getting a lot of attention lately is Kii.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Odp: Typing options on Galaxy S3

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the existing keyboard and don't really want to change to another - all I want it to do is behave in the same was as my old S2 (with the default keyboard) - as I type, I want it automatically to select the word highlighted in green rather than what I've typed.