Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Change key picture in gallery album

Hi, I've recently bought a Nexus 7, and am loving my first taste of android having been heavily into iOS devices previously. Its taken a few weeks to get used to how it works but one simple thing is bugging me and am hoping there is an easy solution that someone can give me. I want to change the thumbnail picture displayed in the gallery app (I'd call that the 'key photo' from using apple products in the past). It seems to default to the first images in a particular album, I've tried various taps and swipes and looking in the app and album settings but can't find anything. Am I missing something really obvious? I know this is a minor issue but would be great if I could find a way to change it!

Default Re: Change key picture in gallery album

Is the gallery displaying pics that are physically on your device, or pics from your Google+/Picasa albums? If the latter, then you can edit your albums on Picasaweb or Google+ and change which photo is the album cover. Not sure if you can do it with photos that are physically on your device using the stock Gallery.