1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Oh! the joys of a New N10 ....

OK You lot .... Today I sent 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' a video clip of snow-bound Britain (from a trucker' viewpoint), via WeTransfer, from my humble lappy, to Her suprior N10. (stop sing at the back).
    She opened her mail - followed the destructions - and accepted the download (which completed).

Question is --- Where the hell has her N10 put it?

She Swears (having therapy about that) that she can't find it. It isn't in downloads.... miscellaneous ... her handbag or even her coat pocket!!???

Is there a 'file search' facility on the N10 or has my little clip of all the snow today disappeared as quickly as these snowflakes will ??

Davy

Default Re: Oh! the joys of a New N10 ....

IF DOWNLOADED it will be in the download folder. she is obviously doing something wrong.

or install this and go to download folder to see it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi still1 ...

Just walked her through the download - but the installation program doesn't recognize her N10. Is this a UK thing I wonder?

Maybe You Guys are allowed more Freedom of Access than us .... ???? lol
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Sorry Still1 - but perhaps I should have explained further.
    I am a UK Trucker (away all week) and we have just experienced a rather disruptive snowfall which is VERY unusual for the UK. I just wanted to show My lady what I was looking at and sent her a 75mg - .mp4 vid - via WeTransfer.com. ( Don't know about you - but We have a 25mg limit on Yahoo Mail.)

Did she look for it immediately in Downloads? The initial box that comes up when you tap on Downloads shows only what has been downloaded in the last day or 2. If it's from a week or so ago, she may
    see something like "Previous downloads," which if tapped, will show earlier downloads (as long as they weren't deleted).

The other possibility is that some apps have their own download folder (like Dolphin Browser, I think). I'm not familiar with WeTransfer--it's not on Google Play in the US, and seems to require direct install. When you transfer files via WeTransfer, does the recipient need to have the WeTransfer app as well? It may be that the received file is in some folder under WeTransfer, rather than the usual Downloads folder.