No sound

gothe

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi! I hope someone can help me out with this. Every now and then I lose all sound on my Droid 4 (notifications, YouTube, radio, you name it) and it seems the only way to remedy this is to do a reboot. Does anyone know what the trouble could be, or how I can fix it without rebooting? Much obliged.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
What happens if you put the phone in silent, then turn the volume back on?

Install any suspect apps lately?

Worst case, can always try a factory reset.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

gothe

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
What happens if you put the phone in silent, then turn the volume back on?

Install any suspect apps lately?

Worst case, can always try a factory reset.

I tried the volume, didn't help. You're right, I'll have to check my apps and maybe do a factory reset. Thanks!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
No problem. Before doing the reset, wait to see if anyone else has any ideas, ya know?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if this is similar to the sound issue with the Razr and Razr Maxx (also Motorola), which has been discussed many times on these forums. I periodically lose sound on my Maxx, which typically comes back if I go to the ringtones and play one as a test. Kind of annoying, especially since it sometimes causes me to miss a call. Keeping fingers crossed that this bug will be fixed if and when we get the official Jellybean update.

So the next time your sound cuts out, try going to Settings/Sound/Phone ringtone, then select any of them to see if it'll "wake up" your sound.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance