My Kocaso MID M762 tablet screen is black

link194

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I just got my new Kocaso MID M762 tablet today. I turned it on, installed Kik Messenger, Google Chrome, and 4Shared. Then, I noticed that my screen was getting kind of fuzzy and the light was fading. Before I knew it, then screen went completely black. Here's the weird part though. I can put a flashlight right up to the screen and I'll be able to see it. So I used this and went to check my brightness setting, and it was all the way up and not at 0. So I am at a loss as to what to do now. Can anybody help me? I should also mention that I've tried resetting it, and that has not worked either.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the back light may already be fried. Exchange or return it if you can, and remember that these off-brand tablets will have a much higher chance of being defective.

As a last resort, you could try a factory reset.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's in the main Settings menu. It varies by device, but look under Settings/Backup or Settings/About tablet.

link194

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
If only I could see the screen. The flashlight thing works, but not very well. I'll try and see if I can find it tomorrow. It's on the charger right now and I'm going to let it charge over night to see if that'll fix it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What version of Android is the tablet running? That might help me tell you where the factory reset option is located.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My ICS devices have Factory Data Reset under either Settings/Privacy or Settings/Backup. Problem is, it may still vary by device or manufacturer.

link194

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Can't really do that since it was my mother who bought it for me. I guess she's just gonna have to return it. It worked really well up until the screen went black.