note 2 call log

harriszl

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
hello

i am having problems with my call log on my galaxy note 2 from at&t. some of my calls are showing up and some are not. for example the calls to and from my wife today are showing up but the ones from my father today are not and calls to and from a number yesterday that is not in a my contact list from yesterday is not showing up at all. i have the view set to "all calls". is there a way to fix this it is rather annoying.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there anything under manage apps related to the call log that you could clear cache on? Maybe the dialer even.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. Not really sure. I think I cleared data on the dialer before and nothing bad happened. Just a thought, maybe as a last resort.

Hopefully someone else has some ideas.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

YoleeSMASH

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem as well. Losing all of those phone calls was so irritating!! What I have noticed though is that ALL your calls will show when you tilt the phone into landscape position. I think the real issue is the programming doesn't allow for the longer contact names in the portrait mode so they just don't show up. Anyone in my call log with a short name is always in the log just fine. Same goes for missed calls that aren't in your contact list. It'll label it: Missed Call which is apparently too long for portrait mode.

Til they get it fixed I suggest just tipping your phone into landscape mode when your check your call log. :p

Geraldo 1

May 11, 2013
Visit site
YoleeSMASH

You are right.

The complete call Logs list on the Note 2 is only in landscape mode. I got mine on May 3rd 2013 and call Logs worked fine for all calls until May 8th in portrait mode. On May 9th it started to show all calls only in landscape mode. What I notice is not the size of the name, but for me is the area code (801). All inbound and outbound calls from the same area code is displaying only when I rotate the phone to landscape mode. Messages are just fine in either position, even for the same area code. Any call with different area code is displayed normally in portrait mode.
Until I figured that out it took me two phone calls to T-Mobile tech support and three for Samsung tech support and nobody new about this kind of issue. I exchanged my phone and as well the SIM card. So, finally I got a conclusion that is an issue that needs to be worked by Samsung/Google/T-Mobile. I had four other Android phones, and this is the first time I had this kind of issue. For the entire tech imbedded in this phone, and price, I hope they fix this quick.

I did a factory reset and hard reset on last Thursday 9th. It worked just fine until I believe so midnight. On Friday 10th the same problem was back. Again I did another factory reset and cleaned the cache. The same problem kept going. It was then that I switched phone and SIM card. Same issue. Need to be patient until they work on that matter.

Last edited: