Changing the browser that launches

linksfiend

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
In Froyo, how do I change which browser and page lauches when I hit the little grey globe at the bottom/center of the screen?

It used to launch the Dolphin Browser "speed dial" but somehow got reset to the stock browser.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Is it the wrong icon? Or is an action defaulted to the wrong browser? If it's a default issue you can try clearing defaults for the stock browser in manage apps. Then when you try the action again, it should prompt you to select a browser and you can pick dolphin and set it to default.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

linksfiend

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Is it the wrong icon? Or is an action defaulted to the wrong browser? If it's a default issue you can try clearing defaults for the stock browser in manage apps. Then when you try the action again, it should prompt you to select a browser and you can pick dolphin and set it to default.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

That's exactly what I needed to do. Thanks Dev. I tried going to "manage applications" → "all" →"Browser" before, but I just hit "Clear cache" and "Clear data". I never noticed to scroll down and hit "Clear defaults".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance