Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New android WiFi-bug?

hi everyone!
    I have resently started too face an issue while trying to connect my devices to my wireless network. It takes me a long time to connect to the internet and upload the webpages.
    I have tried everything from checking the speed to reseting my router but with no progress at all.
    When I called my ISP they told me that there seems to be a bug in the android system that makes the router crash whenever you try to connect any other device to the wifi network while the android phone is connected, and that seems to be the problem in my case.
    I have searched google for an answer but the only thing I get is "how to solve android connectione problems with your phone", which is not the problem in my case.
    And please don't ask me to turn off my router or stuff like that because I have already tried all the basic stuff and I am not an newbee when it comes to network and computers.
    Best regards, iafrica.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: New android WiFi-bug?

Do you have another android device? If so, test it with that. If you have the same problem, it's probably the router. If not, it's the phone. At least that'll narrow it down.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    Do you have another android device? If so, test it with that. If you have the same problem, it's probably the router. If not, it's the phone. At least that'll narrow it down.

I tried to turn off the wifi in one off my phones while the other is one, but with no change at all (did also try to turn off wifi in both phones, but with the same result).
    Seems like the only thing left is to try another router and see if that works.
    Thanks mate
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

No worries. Good luck. Let me know how it goes.