Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wifi auto connect?

So I have the dx. I can connect to wifi perfectly fine. However when I turn off my wifi, then I turn it back on I have to go back into the settings, wifi settings, and then my wifi will connect to my network. Even if I don't move my position, I still need to go into that settings page before the wifi will connect. I don't have to select anything for it to connect, all I have to do is just go to the settings page and then it will connect. Is this just how it is or is there something wrong here? Thanks in advance for the help!

I'm not sure if that's how it is or not.

My nexus one automatically connects 95% of the time, as long as the location is "remembered".

Your phone might be different.
    Habit Droid

Habit Droid: A habit-forming Android app that improves your consistency. Turn your phone into a productivity sidekick!

Totally free!

Default Re: Wifi auto connect?

My HTC inspire does the same thing: will not auto connect to remembered networks. All I have to do is go to the Settings - Wireless & Networks and then it will auto connect once I am on that page. Annoying!

Does anyone know a fix?
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

Default Re: Wifi auto connect?

Welcome to android.

Usually, if your wifi remembers a connection, it will connect the next time it encounters that specific connection.

But, what happens if you have more than 1 connection available???

This is why, you have to go into the connection settings, and actually connect it.

Usually, you can do this from the drop down, when it finds new connections.