- 747 Posts
Which...$400 Sprint GNex or $200 Epic 4G Touch?
I am looking to switch to a Sprint MVNO and need to make a decision on an off-contract phone. I currently have a GSII Skyrocket, and like it, so the Epic 4G Touch would be very familiar to me. However, I have always dreamed of having a Nexus device for the stock android experience and quick updates/upgrades. I have never rooted a phone and don't really want to. I'd rather have the peace of mind of OTA updates.
At first, I was willing to pay the extra price ($400 vs $200) for a GNex, but now I read that Sprint and Verizon have lagged behind the unlocked GSM Nexus updates. If that's the case, the value of a Gnex is at least somewhat diminished. Still, it has at least gotten the upgrade, instead of still being on 4.0 like the Epic 4G.
So, anyone out there have a pro/con about paying more for a Gnex vs saving money for an Epic 4G?
- 01-22-2013, 10:19 PM #2
- 01-22-2013, 10:38 PM #3
- 610 Posts
Re: Which...$400 Sprint GNex or $200 Epic 4G Touch?
I agree. Get a nexus with tmobile. But if you must get a sprint mvno just get the epic touch. The nexus is nice but not worth $200 more. Plus if your not used to a plain os with no fancy ui tweaks then it takes a little getting used to. A Google only phone is not for everyone. Good luck deciding. Just remember that right now tmo data will be faster then sprint.
Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
- By nicholasyoung86 in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 10Last Post: 04-13-2013, 03:42 PM
- By jaymaine80 in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 2Last Post: 05-27-2012, 05:33 PM
- By Jerry Hildenbrand in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 105Last Post: 12-14-2011, 08:42 PM
- By Cory Streater in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 36Last Post: 09-17-2011, 03:40 AM
- By kpazzo6 in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 0Last Post: 09-08-2011, 02:31 AM